Grooming and trimming your dog is important for more than just fashion purposes. Many dogs require seasonal or routine grooming to prevent matting or to help cut down on shedding. And while you can always nip down to the local groomer, many dog parents choose to take the clippers into their own hands.
DIY dog grooming can get tricky if you aren't prepared for the task or if you don't know how to properly groom your dog. Here you'll find a plethora of information to start safely grooming your pooch.
Grooming by the Breed
Certain dog breeds have specific grooming concerns. Take a look at what a Greyhound will need, compared to a Border Collie, or a Westie.
Don't See Your dog Above?
If your dog's breed isn't listed above, fear not! We have tons of information on grooming to make sure you experience nothing but smooth sailing.
- Basic Grooming Tips: This article covers grooming 101. From brushing to bathing, this article will help you clean up your pup without dirtying your house.
- Puppy Grooming: Puppies need grooming too, and since they are still babies, there are some extra considerations to be made. Here are some puppy grooming ideas you may have otherwise overlooked.
- Large Dog Grooming: With a Great Dane comes great responsibility. Having a big dog means you are going to encounter some obstacles during grooming that people with a tinier dog would not. This article will show you the road bumps you might encounter, and how to persevere.
- Small Dog Grooming: Small dogs also come with their own set of grooming-related complications. Learn how to get between their tiny toes and make sure they're sage in the bathtub.
The Nitty Gritty
- Grooming Supplies: This article has everything to get your home grooming station up and running. Take a look at what you’ll need.
- Best Breeds for Fancy Grooming: If you find the process of trimming, clipping, and bathing too simple, perhaps it's time to step up your game with one of these breeds that are more fancy groom compatible. Put your grooming skills to the test!
More on Dog DIY
7 Money-Saving Steps to Having a 'Green' Pet
How to Use a Do It Yourself Dog Wash
How to Treat Dog and Cat Dandruff
How to Remove a Tick