We all know there are more dangers present in the life of an outdoor cat, so how to we make sure our adventerous felines are well-cared for? Not all kitties can spend their lives indoors--rescue cats may be used to having the run of the neighborhood, and plenty of neighborhoods are very safe for cats.
But before your kitty walks out the door, make sure your yard and home, and your cat, are properly equipped.
We've picked out the best products for keeping your outdoor cat safe and happily prowling.
As your cat explores the world outside, make sure they've got a tie to home--an ID tag with your name, address, and phone number could make all the difference if your cat were to get lost.
Large Red Heart Personalized Pet Tag
- Engrave with your information
- Made from high quality and durable aluminum
Spotbrights Safety Tag
- Ultra bright LEDs are motion activated so your pet will be spotted by drivers
- Increase your pet's safety at night
- ID label on back
Reflective ID Tag for Cats
- Reflects oncoming light to keep cats safer at night
- This tag is made of solid brass and is waterproof
Make sure that ID tag has somewhere to go. Your cat will need a collar, but since outdoor cats can like to bush through bushes or otherwise get in tigh spaces, make sure that collar is a safety collar. It'll release and pop off of your pet if they're ever stuck, instead of trapping or choking your cat.
Safe Cat Reflect Collar
- Star patterns reflect oncoming light
- Buckle releases when cat is caught
Pirate Breakaway Safety Collar
- Arrr, this pirate collar is mighty fine!
- Safety buckle releases if cat is caught
Adjustable Breakaway Safety Collar
- Adjusts from 8 to 12 inches
- No-snag material
- Safety release buckle
Flea, Tick, and Heartworm Protection
Your cat's biggest fans may be pesky bugs, like fleas and ticks. Not only are they gross and cause discomfort, they can transmit diseases and internal parasites. Heartworms can cause serious trouble as well. Simple prevention methods like those below will make a world of difference.
Frontline Plus for Cats
- Kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, and chewing lice, all within 48 hours
- Protects your pet for 30 days
- For cats 8 weeks and older
Advantage II for Cats
- Kills flea eggs, larvae, and adult fleas in 12 hours
- Protects against lice
- One application protects for a month
- For cats 7 weeks and older
Heartgard Chewables for Cats
- Kills heartworms and other intestinal worms
- Prevents future infections
Adams Plus Yard Spray
- Spray in your yard to keep out fleas, ticks, mosquitos, ants, and more
- Protect your pet before the fleas or ticks bite
- Can be used on lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers
On Your Porch
Make sure the space between the indoors and outdoors is all set up for your kitty. If you feed your cat outside, you'll need sturdy dishes. And your cat may appreciate a comfy condo to retreat to for some relaxation. You can even mark certain parts of your yard--like a beloved flower bed, as no-no spots for your outdoor cat and other neighborhood critters alike.
Stoneware Paw Print Cat Dish
- Heavy stoneware dish that won't get spilled over
- Cute paw print pattern
Cat Mate Meal Feeder
- Ensures fresh meals will be availibe at the right time, automatically
- Reliable and accurate quartz timers
- Easy to clean with removable and dish-washer safe parts
Keep Off Outdoor Liquid Repellent
- Repels and deters pets and wildlife from plants, shrubs, and flowers
- Keeps your gardens and flower pots safe and undisturbed
- Carpeted cat condo will keep your outdoor kitty warm and comfortable
- The perfect spot to relax after a morning of exploring
- Comes in one or two levels
More Useful Buying Guides
19 Products for Cleaning Cat and Dog Teeth
The Cat Brush Buying Guide
Cat and Dog Grooming Supplies