At a Glance
First chewable flea and tick preventative
No messing around with topical droppers
Same manufacturer as Frontline Plus
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Meet Nexgard - a flea and tick preventative from the makers of Frontline Plus, the #1 choice of veterinarians, and the FIRST flea and tick killer in a beef-flavored chew.
NexGard for dogs kills adult fleas before they lay eggs, and kills ticks, too. All in a delicious, soft chew that dogs love.
NexGard soft chew is FDA-approved and proven safe for use
It contains an ingredient, afoxolaner, that helps treat and
control fleas and ticks and keeps killing for a full 30 days.5
So it helps provide protection you can feel good about.
Nexgard contains Afoxolaner.
Side Effects and Warnings
NexGard is for use in dogs only. The most frequently reported adverse reactions include vomiting, dry/flaky skin, diarrhea, lethargy, and lack of appetite. The safe use of NexGard in pregnant, breeding or lactating dogs has not been evaluated. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures.
4-10 lbs - 3 Month
10-24 lbs - 3 Month
24-60 lbs - 3 Month
60-120 lbs - 3 Month
4-10 lbs - 6 Month
10-24 lbs - 6 Month
24-60 lbs - 6 Month
60-120 lbs - 6 Month
4-10 lbs - 12 Month
10-24 lbs - 12 Month
24-60 lbs - 12 Month
60-120 lbs - 12 Month
Store Nexgard in a cool, dry place.
Administer 1 Nexgard chew per month, per body weight. For best results, ensure dog consumes entire chew.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 42
Rated 5 out of 5 by Laker1rn4 Worth the price
It's expensive but so much better than the Frontline or other drops on the neck for tick control.
February 6, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by nanny Much better than topical application
Nexgard chewable for my MinPins last the entire 30 days where the topical doesn't last the entire 30 days. The topical also irritated my dogs skin and has a unpleasant odor. Nexgard was recommended by my vet due to the skin irritation of the topical and last the entire 30 days.
January 4, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ann924 Works great.
We've used other flea meds and this one works best. He eats it like a treat along with the Heartgard. The ONLY thing I can say bad about it is that towards the end of the month he starts getting a little itchy and scratches more than usual. I can give him his med (on the 1st of each month) and he won't be itchy at all for about 2 weeks. Then gradually he'll itch more and more until it's time to take the next pill so by the time it's time to give it I'm really ready for him to have it. I love that it kills ticks too as we live in the woods.
December 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by RescuedbyLady Much better than topical!
We always had a problem with the topical tick prevention as it seemed to always rain the day after application! (it smelled badly too). We started using these and no only does our fussy dog love them like a treat, but we can be sure the protection won't wash off.
December 3, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nolelady51 Hard to keep up with what you ordered when they come from different places.
Hard to keep up with order when you have one size coming from one place and others come from another. Otherwise great product and great price
December 2, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lucylulu Lots better than Frontline. Got fleas on Frontline and my vet stopped selling it so used Nexguard and fleas disappeared.
Product was great. No side effects. Got rid of the fleas.
November 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carole42 This product keeps fleas away!
I have two big dogs that both had fleas. After using this product, the fleas are finally gone. It's a chewable medicine which makes it easy to administer.
November 20, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Katsun420 some great, some not so great
We have a 120 pound Cane Corso and a house that backs up to a creek and woods. Our vet now only offers Nexgard. We were happy because we hated the smelly, greasy other topical options. He eats it like a champ and he seems to continually be tick (our biggest problem) and flea free. Here's the problem--since starting on it, he has no ticks, but our family does! We have found ticks on both of our daughters and ourselves. This has never happened before in the 6+ years we've lived here. So we can only assume that the meds are working for him, but, he's still bringing ticks in and they are going for us instead. Don't know what to do about it or what to think.....
November 16, 2015
Flea & Tick
Meet Nexgard - the new chewable flea and tick preventative made by the same people that brought you Frontline Plus, so you know it's quality.
In stock! Order now!
based on 42
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price