Image Source: Pixabay.com
Okay we get it, you’re not lazy, you just already have a lot to do and you really want to keep a dog as well. Keeping a dog can be a lot of work but fortunately not all dogs are created equal. While some breeds might need a lot of care and maintenance, there are other breeds that don’t need too much work. For those of us who don’t have a ton of time and resources at our disposal, these low maintenance breeds could just be the answer.Here’s our pick for the best low maintenance dog breeds
- American Staffordshire Terrier: We love this terrier for a number of reasons – they have short coats that don’t need a lot of care and doesn’t get all over the place. But besides the easy care this breed is also very intelligent so training is relatively easy and the big plus point is that these pups are very affectionate.
- Miniature Pinscher: These cuties really are a delight to have in the home. Cute looks aside, the short coat of fur makes brushing and grooming a breeze while not making a mess of the house. The little fellas are a healthy breed and for the most part don’t need too many vet visits.
- Chihuahua: This tiny, tiny breed it practically a stuffed toy. With their small size and short coats, grooming Chihuahuas only takes a few minutes. Exercising this breed is easy too as you don’t need a lot of space and just a ball to keep them occupied and running around for a bit.
- Russell Terrier: This is another healthy breed of dog that doesn’t need to see the vet too often saving you both time and money. Easy to groom short fur, and a playful attitude make these little dogs a good addition to the family.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: These dogs do love the attention and hate being left alone but for the most part they don’t require any extra special care. They are easy to groom, easy to train and are very friendly around both adults and kids.
- Italian Greyhound: True to the greyhound breed these dogs are sleek and have short coats. You will need to take them out for a run every day but hey, that would be good for you too. This breed is friendly and lovable and a treat to be around.
- Rhodesian Ridgeback: These smart, affectionate and loyal dogs are a strong and healthy breed. Short coats means less grooming time and good health means fewer vet visits. Take them out once a day for a good run and you will have a happy puppy.
And there you have it; these are our top picks for the best low maintenance breeds.