At a Glance
Helps extend the life expectancy of dogs with congestive heart failure
Can be taken every 12 hours
Relieves heart muscle stress
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
You love your dog with all your heart, so help protect your dog's heart with Vetmedin (Pimobendan). Vetmedin is a prescription inodilator that helps extend the life expectancy of dogs with congestive heart failure by helping the heart pump more efficiently.
Vetmedin opens up the blood vessels that take blood away from the heart, reducing the work heart has to do to pump blood. It also opens up the blood vessels returning blood to the heart, reducing pressure on the heart. Talk to your vet about Vetmedin to find out if it's right for your dog.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects may include loss of appetite, lethargy, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, weakness, incoordination, fainting, cough, and sudden death. Consult your veterinarian if any side effects occur or worsen.
Notify your veterinarian of any additional medications, including vitamins and supplements. Interactions may occur with pimobendan and verapamil, propranolol, theophylline, and pentoxifylline.
To learn more about this heart medication for dogs, talk to your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
1.25mg chewable tablet
5mg chewable tablet
Store at room temperature away from moisture and light.
Follow the exact specifications prescribed by the veterinarian. Dose is based on body weight, divided into 2 portions to be given every 12 hours.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by 44
Rated 5 out of 5 by Myrngal Very effective product!
What a huge difference we saw in our dog. She's active and happy again!
November 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by rain56 Great product. Only wish they had it in smaller pills
Only medicine keeping my 14 year old maltipoo alive
October 28, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by SandyJ Good product, great value!
My dog has been on this medication for about a year. It has worked very well to help maintain/control his congestive heart failure. I would highly recommend!
August 12, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by molly14 Helps my baby feel better & that is all I need to know.
I crush the tablets, sprinkle on strip of cheese , roll it in turkey cut in small pieces.
July 30, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kari great
Meds work and shipping was fasts. Better than vet prices.
July 30, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5
by Lucy0705 My dog takes this medication with no problem
My dog has heart disease and this medication helps with her ability to have a "somewhat" normal life. All of my pets medication is purchased through PetcareRX. It is easy and saves me a lot of money on prescription drugs
June 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mau1969 My shih-tzu feels better!
His heart is beating more regularly, I wouldn't have believed it! The only thing is my having to crush this med in order for my dog to eat it; such a pain in the butt!! lol. Also, add peanut butter, and sometimes put it down his throat when all else fails! Really messy for a just groomed dog!!
April 21, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Missymoo Great product
This medicine has given my dog a new lease of life. She even gets her toys out for a play now! The tablets are large and chewable but I prefer to crush them which they do easily.
April 20, 2015
Heart & Blood Pressure
Vetmedin, when used in combination with other medications, is effective in the management of specific types of congestive heart failure in dogs. Vetmedin assists in improving the heart's function, as well as reducing the heart's workload.
In stock! Order now!
based on 44
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price