At a Glance
Removes toxic bile acids
Dissolve some types of bladder stones
Can be used to treat cirrhosis and chronic active hepatitis
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Ursodiol for dogs and cats can restore healthy liver function in pets suffering from liver and gallbladder diseases. Ursodiol is only available by prescription from your veterinarian. It is not FDA approved for use in dogs and cats but it is a common practice to administer. Ursodiol actually promotes regeneration of healthy liver tissue, and even wards off other major health issues.
Ursodiol is the Generic Alternative to Actigall.
Ursodiol, Colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate and starch (corn). Gelatin capsules contain gelatin and titanium dioxide. The capsules are printed with edible ink containing black iron oxide.
Side Effects and Warnings
If your dog suffers an allergic reaction such as hives, swelling of lips, tongue or face or difficulty breathing seek immediate emergency veterinary medical attention and discontinue dosages.
Other less serious side effects may occur such as nausea or upset stomach, diarrhea or headache. If these, or any other side effects seem unusual or bothersome to your animal talk to your veterinarian.
Antacids or any medications including aluminum may cause Ursodiol to be ineffective. Estrogen increases cholesterol counteracting the effects of Ursodiol.
Contact your veterinarian if you add any other medications or supplements to ensure it will not inhibit or negatively interact.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
300mg per capsule
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
The amount of Ursodiol prescribed depends upon the severity of your pet’s illness. Follow dosage prescribed by your veterinarian and allow for plenty of water for your pet to intake upon ingesting.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Ursodiol for dogs and cats is prescribed by veterinarians to treat chronic liver disease and certain gallstones. Ursodiol actually promotes regeneration of healthy liver tissue, and even wards off other major health issues.
In stock! Order now!
based on 0