At a Glance
For dogs who suffer from serious heart problems
Nutrients help decrease and prevent cardiac diseases
Eases stress on blood vessels, thus regulating blood pressure
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Enalapril is a prescription medication that has been found to be very effective in the treatment of dogs who suffer from serious heart problems, including high blood pressure, heart murmurs and more. It can also reduce the symptoms of congestive heart failure, as well as additional cardiac diseases. It is often used to restore blood pressure back to its normal level by easing stress on the blood vessels.
Enalapril contains nutrients that help reduce heart failure and improve chances of survival after a heart attack has occurred. It is available by prescription only and has been touted as one of the best medications on the market today for pets suffering from cardiac diseases and other blood related illnesses.
Enalapril is the Generic Alternative to Enacard and Vasotec.
Side Effects and Warnings
Enalapril can cause some serious side effects that should be immediately reported to a veterinarian: low blood pressure and resultant weakness, an upset stomach (loss of appetite, vomiting), and changes in urination. Less frequently, Enalapril can cause kidney failure. This most often occurs when higher doses are being administered, and when the drug is being administered to an animal suffering from kidney disease.
Side effects are more likely to occur when Enalapril is being taken together with other potent drugs. Do not administer Enalapril to your pet in conjunction with furosemide, spironolactone or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
5mg per tablet
10mg per tablet
2.5mg per tablet
20mg per tablet
Store at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
Enalapril is administered orally once or twice daily, based on your veterinarians’ prescribed dosage. The duration of the treatment is dependent on both the condition being treated and the animal’s positive or negative response to the treatment. The treatment should be continued for the length recommended by your veterinarian, regardless of whether the pet is feeling improved or not, in order to prevent a relapse.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kimandpepsi Enalapril
Great price for large quantity. Use is for her grade 4 heart murmur and beginning stages kidney disease
February 2, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5
by gregtbr Great product
This heart medicine along with Lasix works great for my chihuahua with CHF. He is doing well and 12 years old.
January 1, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by MOR13 Product is as stated
At the latest vet visit, Max's health is in good standing. So, apparently medication is working just fine.
February 18, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by JudiA Rx seems effective
We are using this as our chocolate lab (10.5 yrs) was found to have only one kidney. It was found after blood & urine tests were elevated. It is being used to 'maintain' the levels per specialists affiiliated with UC Davis. So far it seems to be working as desired.
December 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DonnaG This product is a awesome!
Needed medicine for my dog, who has congestive heart failure.
Amazing how much more money my vet charges me for the same exact medicine.
November 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Doxi This was prescribed by my vet.
I was very happy with the price compared to the vets, since my dog will be on this medication for life.
November 6, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Presley Product working well for my dog.
My dogs BP has stabilizes since going on this medicine. The value from PetcareRX is incredible!
July 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by LassiesMom This helped my dog's kidney problems
this medicine was prescribed by my vet for my sheltie's kidney disease. I didn't realize that it was for heart problems as well. It certainly helped my dog to get to a good level.
July 1, 2014
Heart & Blood Pressure
Enalapril is an effective heart medication for dogs that aids in the treatment and prevention of cardiac diseases. It has nutrients that help the body to heal, and decrease the rate of heart failure.
In stock! Order now!
based on 19
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price