Trying to figure out which is the best dog collar for your fashionable pooch? We help break down the most useful, safe, humane, and stylish collars on the market.
Dogs don’t get to wear a lot of clothing, so in the canine fashion world it’s all about the accessories. Dog collars tend to be the most common accessory to strap onto your pooch, and for good reason. A good dog collar should be comfortable, never causing your dog to scratch it or bother with it. We've hunted down the best dog collars for your loving dog.
You want to find a collar that is comfortable and high couture but if you can also find one that serves another purpose, that's like extra gravy on tonight's dinner. We chose some of the best dog collars to keep your dog safe, stylish, and well-trained. Find the right one for your dog and help them get comfortable with their new collar.
Pest Control Collars
Pest control collars offer an alternative to spot-on flea and tick treatments. The pest control collar can last for months and kill or repel all of the same dangerous pests like fleas, ticks, heartworm, and mosquitoes. Here are some of the best.
Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs
Adams Plus Flea and Tick Collar
- An effective, reliable 8 month alternative to monthly flea and tick topical treatment
- This non greasy, odorless, easy to use collar combines imidacloprid and flumethrin
Preventic Dog Collar
- Kills fleas and ticks from head to tail for up to five months even when wet
- This waterproof product contains an IGR to also kill flea eggs and flea larvae up to five months
- Available in two sizes
- Once the collar is fastened to your dog’s neck, it begins to kill ticks within 24 hours
- After 3 months, the collar should be replaced to ensure effectiveness
- The Preventic Dog Collar is not damaged by rain
A training collar can help level the playing ground a little if you are working with a big, strong dog or it can encourage behaviors through positive reinforcement. Either way these training collars are humane and effective tools to help you improve your dog’s behavior.
Titan Snap-On Training Collar
Prong Training Collar
- This is an effective training device when worn under supervision as it distributes correction pressure evenly around pet's neck
- Argon welded and chrome plated for maximum strength and durability
- This collar easily adjusts for a proper fit by simply adding or removing links
Sentry HC Dog Good Behavior Pheromone Collar
- Prong Training Collar w/ Easy Latch is a pet care product designed specifically for the safety of your pet without compromising on their comfort
- This effective collar is designed in such a way that it gives a pinch to the dog whenever the dog pulls
Triple Crown Training Collar
- This collar mimics the pheromone that mother dogs produce to calm and assure her puppies
- A convenient alternative to pheromone diffusers -- the collar goes where your dog goes
- Provides gentle effective control in a patented humane design
- High strength link design fits together in a watchband pattern
- Links can be added or removed at any point to create the perfect fit
Sometimes a collar is just about going out and looking good. Your dog will appreciate the extra attention and you can take pride in making their outfit pop.
Leather Spike Collar
- Leather collars are very strong and ideal for large breed dogs
- Full, top grain leather distinguished by natural markings
- Expertly made with hand-sewin finish
C Nylon Adjustable Paw Pattern Collar
- Dress up your pet in the most fashionable styles with the Paw Pattern collar
- Silky, smooth, and comfortable, this product line includes collars and matching leads
- Vibrant, colorfast patterns with outstanding artistic detail are printed on both sides
Lazer Bright Adjustable Reflecting Collar
- Safe, fashionable, and affordable, Lazer Brite collars feature the same super-bright 3M Scotchlite retro reflective material used by construction workers and safety professionals today
- Visible to approaching motorists up to 600 feet away, this collar provides ensures maximum visibility for all dogs -- including those with dark coats
More Buying Guides
Cat Brush Buying Guide
A Guide to Pet First Aid Kits
19 Products That Clean Cat And Dog Teeth