At a Glance
Effective enzyme replacement therapy for dogs
Treats digestive and pancreatic disorders
Easily administered through food
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Viokase-V Powder Description
Viokase Powder is a concentrated medication of pancreatic enzymes used to promote more efficient digestion in canines. The enzymes are of porcine origin and aid in the digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Viokase Powder is also used as an aid for digestive and biliary disorders. It is effective in treating acute pancreatic disorders, but can also be used as a replacement therapy for dogs suffering from chronic pancreatic and digestive problems.The medication is an oral treatment and can be easily given to dogs through food.
Dogs should be fed three times each day, with the medication administered at each meal. Simply mix the Viokase Powder thoroughly into wet food or dry food that has been moistened. The food/medicine mixture should then be allowed to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. More efficient digestion means a happier, healthier pet.
Side Effects and Warnings
Discontinue use in animals with symptoms of sensitivity.
Available in 4, 8, and 12 oz. sizes
Store in a tightly closed container in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 77° F.
Viokse Powder is administered either as treatment for an acute pancreatic attack or as part of a lifestyle for an animal suffering from chronic pancreatitis. It is given together with each meal (the pet must stick to a bland and easily digested diet), very thoroughly mixed into moistened food, and left to sit for 15 minutes.
Dogs - ¾-1 teaspoonful
Cats - ¼-¾ teaspoonful
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 14
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bessiesmom EPI pup
The product is working for our dog with EPI, she gained weight and is making progress. The cost is high but she is worth it
February 3, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Vincent Not working to expectations.
Aside from the expence, I was hoping for "much" better results.
January 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jesse Great, efficient service
Great product for our pancreatic deficient Haley, it's the only enzyme we use and it works great, now we can get it at a great price as well.
November 17, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by sophiesmom saved my shepherd
Viokase saved my German Shepherd a number of years ago when she became very ill. We tried other products, generics, pills, and nothing has worked for her but Viokase. She has been using it for over 4 yrs. now.
January 1, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by romeo The customer service is very friendly & helpful!
I was disappointed at first since I ordered the 12oz Viokase. It was not in stock so instead of offering me the 8oz or calling me the order was just marked out of stock & in a hold position. This is a much needed medicine for my dogs well being & I felt the order was initially held inappropriately. I was very upset and was referred to a supervisor.
October 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Viokase/pancreatic insufficiency
After waiting weeks to get a correct diagnosis, we were so pleased when Viokase began to work nearly immediately. Our dog went from having a bedraggled, emaciated appearance to one of total health.
July 5, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer So glad we found this
My dog is now 4 and has been on this medicine for about 3 years now, it is great that we found this, Yes it is expensive but it works!!!
June 1, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Allowed my dog to live!
At 4 years old my normally 65 pound Majestic Husky/Golden mix was slowly down to 49 pounds and starving to death even though he would inhale as much food as I would give him. A second opinion vet recognized a pancreatic deficiency and we started Viokase V. He regained normal energy levels and maintained a healthy 60 pounds. The 15 minute incubation period became routine and my dog developed patience and the ability to recognize the passing of a quarter hour, he would let me know when it was ready. When we started all this, a 12 oz. bottle was only 29 bucks but cost was not an issue simply because he could not live without it. I laid him to rest in the spring of his 17th year. He had a full, happy dog life thanks to this marvelous medicine
September 6, 2008
Viokase Powder is an effective digestive aid used in the treatment of digestive and biliary disorders. It is useful in promoting adequate digestion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in dogs.
In stock! Order now!
based on 14
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price