At a Glance
Assists breathing in specific airway diseases
Relaxes the airways making breathing easier
Generic for Brethine
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
There is something uniquely terrifying about not being able to get your breath. Like us, our pets can suffer from conditions that hinder breathing. Talk to your veterinarian about Terbutalin (Generic of Brethine & Bricanyl). It's a generic for Brethine which is prescribed for asthma, collapsing trachea, chronic allegric bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Terbutalin works by relaxing the airways which makes breathing easier.
Terbutaline is the Generic Alternative to Brethine and Bricanyl.
Side Effects and Warnings
Terbutaline should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug. Terbutaline should be used cautiously in animals with diabetes, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), animals taking thyroid supplement (L-thyroxine) or those with a seizure disorder or epilepsy.
Terbutaline should be avoided if any heart rhythm abnormalities are present.
Terbuatine may interact with other medications. Consult with your veterinarian to determine if other drugs your pet is receiving could interact with terbutaline. Such drugs include certain antidepressants and anesthetics.
2.5mg per tablet
Store tablets at room temperature in a tight, light-resistant, childproof container.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 1
Rated 4 out of 5 by bobbane Cheaper than my vet; a little less convenient
I was really excited at my original purchase - I did not realize the price quoted was per-PILL. The real PetCareRx price was still much better than what my vet charged (she apologized for her rates, but said "this stuff has gone up a LOT recently").
PetCareRx called me to ask if I really wanted to order only one pill. They explained the pricing, and let me change the order to 40 pills, which was enough to allow free shipping.
I dose my cat with 1/4 pill twice a day. My vet pre-cuts the pills - I'll have to do that myself with the PetCareRx set, but I have a decent pill-splitter already.
October 8, 2013
Asthma & Respiratory
In stock! Order now!
based on 1
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price