At a Glance
Acts as both an effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent
Fights inflammatory bowel disease and colitis
Relieves symptoms such as pain and diarrhea
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
IBS can be a painful and frustrating disease. It's a condition in which the stomach and/or intestine is chronically infiltrated by inflammatory cells. Luckily, there's help for your pet and for you. Sulfasalazine acts as both an effective antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. It aids in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and colitis. Talk to your veterinarian about Sulfasalazine to find out if it's right for your pet.
Silfasalazine is the Generic Alternative to Azulfidine.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects of sulfasalazine may include KCS (dry eye) with long-term use. Other side effects that may occur include jaundice, hemolytic anemia, vomiting, and allergic dermatitis.
Sulfasalazine may have adverse interactions with other drugs. Talk to your veterinarian or pharmacist before giving your pet other medications.
500mg per tablet
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Use as directed by your veterinarian. Allow plenty of water for your pet to drink.
The usual dose for dogs is 10-15mg/pound every 8 hours. The usual dose in cats is 5-10mg/pound given once a day.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1
Rated 5 out of 5 by Krogs Keeps him regular
My greyhound is very nervous and has a fast metabolism, this product has no side effects for him and makes cleaning up after him a lot easier
January 6, 2015
In stock! Order now!
based on 1