At a Glance
Effectively treats nausea, vomiting, and reflux in dogs and cats
Normalizes the digestive system
Also useful in treating vomiting from chemotherapy and post-surgery digestive symptoms
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
A painful belly for your pet can be bad enough. But when it's accompanied by vomiting and reflux, you may need to talk to your vet. Metoclopramide is a prescription medication used to treat nausea, vomiting, and reflux in dogs and cats. It can also help to control vomiting associated with chemotherapy, and stomach and gastrointestinal upset following surgery. Metoclopramide is sold per tablet, or as an injectable or syrup.
Side Effects and Warnings
If your pet exhibits any of the following symptoms, stop use of the medication and contact your veterinarian immediately: allergic reaction (symptoms may include swelling, itching, hives, difficulty breathing, etc.), spasms, anxiety/agitation, seizures, insomnia, depression, or yellowing of the skin or eyes. Less serious side effects may include: nausea, diarrhea, lethargy, dizziness, confusion, bloating, increased urination. If your pet exhibits these side effects, continue use of the medication and contact your veterinarian.
Metoclopramide is not for use in animals who have seizures, as this medication could cause seizures. Do not use in animals with stomach or intestinal blockage or stomach bleeding. This medication should not be used in animals who have pheochromocytoma, a type of adrenal tumor.
Tell your veterinarian if your pet has diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, or recent stomach surgery. Use with caution in pregnant or lactating pets.
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI), such as Anipryl, Selegiline, or certain flea collars, should not be used while giving this medication. Tell your veterinarian if your pet is taking digoxin, tetracycline, insulin, cyclosporine, a narcotic pain reliever or anticholinergic, antispasmodic medications, pain relievers, muscle relaxants, or anxiety medications.
Tell your veterinarian about any other medications, vitamins, or supplements that your pet is taking.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
5mg/1mL per Injectable
10mg per tablet
5mg per tablet
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Follow the directions provided by your veterinarian. Dosage is typically 1-2 mg/lb every 6-8 hours, preferably half an hour before meals.
Metoclopramide can be administered orally, subcutaneously or intravenously.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
In stock! Order now!
based on 0