At a Glance
Reduces swelling due to water retention
Rids the body of excess fluid
Effective means of balancing electrolytes
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Furosemide (the generic substitute for Lasix and Salix) is a diuretic, which is utilized to treat pulmonary edema, kidney disease, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and edema. Furosemide is fundamentally a "loop diuretic drug," as it works on a precise area of the kidney known as Henle's loop.
Furosemide is generally used to reduce the swelling and buildup of fluid, a common side effect in many medical conditions. Furosemide has auxiliary purposes treating other conditions as well, such as chemical imbalance and hypertension.
Furosemide restricts the accrued absorption of chloride, sodium, potassium and water into the kidney, thus supporting the removal of inordinate fluid and preventing the occurrence of edema.
Furosemide is the Generic Alternative to Lasix and Salix
Side Effects and Warnings
Negative side effects may include disturbed electrolyte balance, low potassium levels, dehydration and affected kidneys. Hearing loss can result from a major overdose.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
20mg per tablet
40mg per tablet
10mg/ml Oral Solution 60ml
12.5mg per tablet
50mg per tablet
80mg per tablet
Store at room temperature away from heat, light, and moisture.
Furosemide is safe for both cats and dogs and is generally given once or twice a day as an oral tablet or liquid medication. See your veterinarian for specific dosage instructions. An injectable of Furosemide is also available.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 3
Rated 5 out of 5
by gregtbr Great product
This heart medicine along with Enalapril work great together for my chihuahua with CHF. He is 12 years old and doing well.
January 1, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Suncitydoglover Generic lasix does good work
Ordering my mail is the only way to go and cheaper too.
October 8, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by SusanPetMom Product works but difficult to give correct dosage
I like how this product reduces the fluid around my 9 lb poodles heart but the pills are 20 mg and I have to cut them in quarters for my dog which is a hassle. I tried the drops but it is hard to measure such a little amount and open her mouth to squirt it in. I wish they came in 10mg so I only had to cut it in half. Of course, then the pills would be smaller.
August 1, 2014
Diabetes & Metabolic Care
Furosemide (Generic to Lasix and Salix) is primarily used to lower the swelling and buildup of fluid that can occur in many medical conditions, in particular congestive heart failure and pulmonary edema, heart disease, and liver disease.
In stock! Order now!
based on 3