At a Glance
Treats behavioral disorders in dogs and cats, including depression, noise phobia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder
Can work on skin conditions caused by anxiety
Is a potent antihistamine
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Doxepin is an orally administered, prescription medication that treats behavioral disorders in dogs and cats, including depression, noise phobia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. It may also be prescribed for skin conditions caused by anxiety. In addition, Doxepin is a potent antihistamine.
Doxepin is the Generic Alternative to Sinequan.
Side Effects and Warnings
Side effects include low blood pressure, high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, constipation, dry mouth, and blue-green urine. Doxepin should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug, glaucoma or problems associated with urinary retention. Use with caution in seizure-prone animals.
Notify your veterinarian of other medications that your pet is taking. Drug interactions occur with monoamine oxidase inhibitors, thyroid medications, atropine sedatives, antihistamines, norepinephrine and phenytoin. The following drugs may increase the effects of doxepin: cimetidine (Tagamet) estrogens fluoxetine (Prozac) some sedatives enalapril verapamil and ranitidine (Zantac).
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
25mg per capsule
50mg per capsule
10mg per capsule
Keep in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom).
Follow exact directions prescribed by veterinarian.
The usual dosage is 0.25 to 0.5 mg per pound (0.5 to 1 mg/kg) orally, every 12 hours, or 1.5 to 2.5 mg per pound (3 to 5 mg/kg) orally every 8 to 12 hours.
Behavior & Anxiety Management
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price