At a Glance
Effective for treating allergies and inflammation
Decreases swelling and pain caused by inflammatory conditions
It can also be used to treat certain forms of arthritis
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Dexamethasone is used in the treatment of myositis, arthritis, dermatitis, allergies and supportive therapy in all animals. It can be used to treat various cancers, respiratory diseases, liver disorders, gastrointestinal diseases, and skin disorders. It is a corticosteroid which inhibits inflammation, and reduces irritation, redness, burning, and swelling, making your pet more comfortable and happier.
Side Effects and Warnings
May retard growth to young animals. Can cause dull coat, weight gain, panting, vomiting, diarrhea, elevated liver enzymes, pancreatitis, gastrointestinal ulcers, depression, lethargy and viciousness.
Do not stop using this medication suddenly, especially if it has been used for several weeks or more. The dose may need to be reduced over several days to prevent side effects.
0.5mg per pill
0.75mg per pill
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Follow directions as given by your veterinarian.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1
Rated 5 out of 5 by Theo My vet wrote prescriptions for this on Theo & Callie
Used according to followed medical instructions-
April 30, 2014
Asthma & Respiratory
In stock! Order now!
based on 1
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price