At a Glance
Treats separation anxiety
Addresses excessive barking
Addresses destructive behavior
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Clomicalm is an orally administered, prescription anti-depressant, intended to treat separation anxiety in dogs. Clomicalm specifically addresses excessive barking, destructive behavior, and inappropriate elimination. As a non-tranquilizer, your dog’s memory and personality remain intact. Clomicalm works best in combination with training and behavior modification techniques, and is intended for dogs 6 months and older.
Clomicalm 40mg has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Please speak to your Veterinarian about a different dosage.
Clomicalm is the Generic Alternative to Anafranil.
Side Effects and Warnings
Clomicalm may cause drowsiness. Stop giving your pet Clomicalm and contact your vet if the pet experiences difficulty breathing, hives, irregular heartbeat, difficulty urinating, seizures, fever with increased panting, muscle stiffness or weakness, or swelling of the lips, tongue, or face.
20mg per tablet
80mg per tablet
5mg per tablet
Administer Clomicalm to the exact specifications prescribed by veterinarian. Give Clomicalm orally with food and lots of water.
Dogs: Weight / Dosage
11-22 Lbs / One 20mg tablet daily
22.1-44 Lbs / One 40mg tablet daily
44.1-88 / One 80mg tablet daily
88.1-176 / Two 80mg tablets daily
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 14
Rated 5 out of 5 by klt5174 It worked!
Clomicalm helped us work through a trying situation. With this medication and some behavior modification, we are finally able to leave our home to go out to lunch or see a movie again. We continue to work with our dog and have seen such an improvement in overall anxiety when we leave the house. We are very relieved to have found Clomicalm.
November 8, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jodipap Works well for separation anxiety
This drug worked very well for my rescue dog's separation anxiety without making her groggy or changing her personality. I would highly recommend!
August 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by njnancy CLOMICALM CHANGED MY DOG'S LIFE!
I adopted an extreeeemly fearful dog. She had obviously been badly abused. On TV there can be an almost miraculous cure - but not her. Years went by with little improvement. Then I found Clomicalm. She was 50% better. Years later she started to revert. Then I gave her the maximum dose. She has finally taken her tail out from under her legs & is bouncing around. She flies thru the house at meal time cuz' she's so happy and tries to pounce on her sister. Happy dog at last! Also, it is a non-tranquilizer so does not dull your dog down. It is good for separation anxiety, barking, and many others.
May 26, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by AvBF This has really helped
My dog has great anxiety that this medicine has really helped him relax and be more comfortable in his own skin.
December 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lucybarnaby It works
This helps our 15 year old lab live a happy life. He is back to his lively self.
May 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Charlie clomicalm
We use this with our very old large dog. We have to give multiple pills because you do not offer a larger dose. That would make this easier to use and we would only have to give 1 pill at a time. This medication works very well for our dog.
March 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 CALMER DOG
My Shiz-Tsu is very destructive and gets very angry when he is left home alone. He also marks furniture and the floor. He can become aggressive for no apparent reason. After taking him to the vet, he was prescribed clomicalm.
After about three months, I noticed that he was much calmer when leaving him and is less aggressive. This medication probably is the only reason that we still have him.
August 11, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 Beagle Terror
Our rescue Beagle had to be near a family member at all times. The first time we left him home alone he caused over $1000 damage to the house. Vet prescribed Clomicalm and it has made a great difference. Now he is more independent. We still can't leave him free in the house when we are gone but he has gone from crate to staying in the laundry room. It's all going in a good direction. we were giving him 1 tablet a day but after 3 weeks we went to 1/4 tablet when we are home and 1/2 tablet when we will be away.
July 19, 2010
Behavior & Anxiety Management
Clomicalm is a prescription medication for dogs used to calm your pet in stressful situations. It can also be used as a behavior modification tool to eliminate certain undesirable behaviors.
In stock! Order now!
based on 14
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price