Image Source: Pixnio.com
Having multiple dogs in your household can be challenging as you have to choose breeds that can work and live together. If you choose canines that are not compatible, they may end up fighting. The safest bet is pairing breeds of the opposite sex as it is guaranteed to work. You can also pair low and high energy breeds or older canines and puppies. Here are five dog breeds that can live together in the same household.
- BeagleBeagles are extremely sweet canines that are known for their agility, obedience and hunting abilities. Weighing anywhere between 15 – 35 pounds, Beagles can grow up to a height of over a foot. Beagles love the company of other animals, which makes them the perfect pack dogs. They get along with any breed and are extremely gentle and friendly canines.
- German ShepardEven though German Shepherds are large canines, these herding dogs are affectionate by nature. They are medium energy temperament canines that can weigh up to 80 pounds. German Shepherds are quite easy to train and exceptionally obedient. As they are extremely loyal, you can keep German Shepherds with other breeds of canines. Also, German Shepherds work exceedingly well with puppies and older dogs. They will help in training the puppies and play with the older canines without being pushy.
- Golden RetrieverGolden Retrievers are the most versatile canines you will ever find on this planet. They love running around, sitting on the couch and performing tricks. They are large canines that can weigh up to 75 pounds. Golden Retrievers can thrive both outdoors and indoors. On top of that, Golden Retrievers are extremely good at getting along with other breeds of canines.
- Labrador RetrieverLabrador Retrievers are one of the most popular canines around the world. They are large canines that are capable of weighing up to 80 pounds. They come in three colors; chocolate, yellow, and black. Labrador Retrievers can adapt to both indoor and outdoor environment. Their temperament is stable, which makes them the ideal companions for other breeds. Even though they are playful by nature, Labradors are quite obedient to their owners.
- Pembroke Welsh CorgiThese mid-sized canines are happy and have a mild temperament. They can either be calm or energetic, making them good companions for older canines. Corgi puppies will happily play with your older canine till your dog gets tired. As they are herding canines, they are quite obedient. Even though they can weigh up to 80 pounds, they are agile. They have an adaptable personality and training them is quite easy.
These five breeds of canines will get along with any other breed without causing a hassle. If you have any queries, please feel free to leave a comment below.