Image Source: Pixabay.com
The unending altercations between Tom and Spike in our favorite Tom and Jerry cartoons taught us of an insurmountable cat-dog hostility. That is why those super cute photos on the internet with cats and dogs posing together always confused us. Were they Photoshopped images? Why else is Fido looking so beatific in the presence of his sworn enemy? Why aren’t they fighting tooth and nail instead as you feared?Surprise, surprise! As it turns out, things don’t have to be as gory as you imagined! There are certain cat breeds that actually bond well with dogs! An avid pet lover has no more cause for worry. Bring home these dog-friendly kittens that both you and Fido will fall in love with. Enjoy the best of both worlds!
- Abyssinian catsCurious as a cat, playful as a dog – that’s an Abyssinian for you. These lively cats can happily get along with any other pet, all the better if it is a dog!
- American shorthair catsA calm and docile cat, American shorthair is also quite confident and intelligent. They get along well with just about anyone, including pooches, once a trusting relationship has been founded.
- Birman catsThough quiet and gentle with fur like silk, these felines can also be quite playful. They can even enjoy a game of fetch along with their doggie partners!
- Bombay catsAffectionate and warm, these cats can bond well not only with humans, but dogs as well. These dog-like felines form deep and long lasting attachments with their adopted family.
- Japanese bobtail catsThese water-loving cats with a bunny-like tail are active and playful. They can even be trained to go for walks in the park along with the canine members of the family!
- Maine coon catsAre they tiny dogs or overgrown cats? It is hard to believe that the Maine coons belong to the cat family! They display certain dog-like traits such as lovingly tailing their owners around the house and showing an unusual interest in playing games with them!
- Norwegian forest catsThese large and athletic cats are quite capable of holding their own. Once they “negotiate” and establish boundaries with the family dogs, they can easily get along together like a house on fire!
- Ragdoll catsRagdoll cats are extremely gentle and fun to watch as they goof around the house. Their sweet temperament endears them to humans and dogs alike!
- Siberian catsThough they may have that serious cat-face, Siberian cats are very playful and exuberant. These naughty little fur balls can even co-opt your usually well-behaved dogs into their mischievous plans which will leave you in splits!
- Tonkinese catsThese blue-eyed beauties are both loving and playful; a perfect companion for Fido when he wants to play fetch!