Image Source: Pixabay.com
So, vacations are right around the corner and you need a place to cool off. But you have a pet and you don’t know what kind of pet-friendly resorts might suit your needs. Well, there are a few characteristics that you need to look out for when searching for a good resort and below are a few of them.
- No extra chargeMost good pet-friendly hotels and resorts will provide pet services for free. Exuberant services may be charged. Services should include room occupancy and stay.
- Pet-friendly poolsIf it’s summer, then it is likely that your pet dog will want to cool off the summer heat. So, what better than a pool which allows dog. And even better if the pool allows humans as well. But be sure to check the chemicals used to clean the pool and everything may not suit your pet.
- Beds and ClothesMost resorts know the importance of beds and clothes for pets. Unless you’re carrying any for your pet, be sure to check the bed and clothes available in the resort. Most will provide a separate bed as they have strict regulations against pets on beds reserved for humans. But if they don’t provide, then it can be assumed that you and your pet can share the bed.
- Food and relaxationSome resorts have special food and relaxation services for pets. While you are there enjoying your wine, your pet will be indulging in sometime exotic as well. Make sure to check the catalog before moving into the resort. As far as food goes, it is most likely that you will carry your pet’s food with you. If you don’t, these resorts will be more than happy to help.
- GamesSome resorts have a separate place for pet games. Because after all, physical activity is important even when you’re on vacation. Games may not have to be something elaborate. A simple ball or a hoop might suffice.
There’s another that needs to be kept in mind while looking for resorts that are pet-friendly. While most, won’t mind housing a dog or a cat, others may object to pets like squirrels or birds or rodents. As a pet owner, it is your duty to research before you leave your house. If possible, make an enquiry before going. Sometimes, pets get scared of new places and the last thing you would want is for your pet to disappear without your knowledge.Also, take as much supplies as you can for your pet. It’s always good to be on the safer side than repent later. Plus, your pet will thank you for making an unknown place feel like home.