Image credits - Pixabay
You have been at that point in life at least once if not more often where you just cannot get yourself to work out and stay healthy. You may also suffer from mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, or such other issues. You could be someone who has mobility issues and cannot get around much without a lot of effort. Do you think having a dog could help you with these issues?
How dogs can help you be healthier and happier
- Exercise and fitness: If you are someone who needs a little motivation to exercise and stay fit, then there are certain dog breeds that can really help you out. Most pointer and setter breeds, Labrador Retrievers, German Shepherds, and Dalmatians are active dogs that have a lot of energy and need lots of regular exercise and physical activity to stay healthy and fit. These breeds are great for going on a long run with you or being part of your workouts at home.
- Companionship: If you are old and live alone, or are in a time of life where you feel let out or unable to connect with people, you need companionship. If you have mobility issues and need companionship because you cannot get out of the house often, then breeds such as basset hounds, Saint Bernards, and bullmastiffs are great for you. These dogs need minimal exercise. Most dogs can help with companionship, although large dog breeds are known to be extremely loving and caring and can be great companion dogs.
- Emotional support: If you suffer from mental health disorders, are working through an illness or injury, or generally are someone who is highly emotional and needs emotional support, a dog that matches these requirements could really help you feel better. If you need some perking up often, an energetic midsized dog breed such as a Husky or a Labrador Retriever would be a great breed to get you out of the house and around. If you need help calming down, then calm dogs such, usually large breeds, work really well.
- When you get a dog (or any pet, for that matter), it is another being, another life that is dependent on you. This can give you the motivation you need to go on in life when you feel like giving up.
- Many dog breeds need constant interaction and exercise, helping you stay fit, active, and healthy.
- Dogs are known to improve your overall sense of happiness and wellbeing, which in turn, positively affects your quality of life.
It is not without reason that dogs are called man’s best friend. They can truly be the best companions you can have in your life, companions that are loyal, give unconditional love, and will guard you with their lives.