Image Source: Staticflickr.com
One of the best parts of being a pet owner is the ability to share your hobbies with them. Anything you do in your life can be made even better by having your canine friend around. Here are five hobbies you can pick up or share with your dog.
- FootballFootball is a great hobby you can share with your canine friend. If you want to have a lot of fun or hone your skills, your canine can help you out. Set up an obstacle course and get your canine to follow through it or you try to keep the ball away from your canine’s mouth. Over time, your canine will get the hang of playing football and become a partner capable of challenging your skills on the ball.
- GardeningCanines are the perfect gardening companions as they love spending time outdoors. The next time you are weeding, transplanting, or planting, take your canine along. Your canine will try to help you out by digging up the ground. If it does it in the wrong spot such as a place where you just planted a fresh bunch of plants, do not scold it. Instead, you can direct it to an area that needs digging. You can also train your canine to bring your gardening equipment from the shed.
- HikingAs canines are extremely active and adventurous, try taking your dog along for your next hike. Your dog will love going for long walks to burn off its excess energy and invigorating hikes. However, it will take some time for your canine to get used to a hike. You can start off by going for a small hike on a hill and slowly increase the difficulty as your canine gets comfortable.
- Long driveIf going for long drives is your thing, you should know that your canine will also love this activity. Just like you, your canine also loves looking and experiencing new things. However, not every canine will be comfortable going for long drives. Take your canine for a small drive and see how it handles it. After a couple of drives, your canine will get used to traveling in a vehicle. Also, you should take breaks in between so that your canine can relieve itself and explore the new environment.
- PhotographyDogs love being the center of attention and you can use this to your advantage if photography is one of your hobbies. The subject for all your photographs should be your canine. You can also take it to new locations, to give a new background to your photos. By doing this, you will be able to bond with your canine and improve your photography skills at the same time.
You can share these five hobbies with your canine to improve the bond and your skills at the same time. If you have any doubts about this topic, feel free to leave a comment below.