Image Source: Pixabay.com/
What do you do when you feel sick or you are down with an ailment but don’t want to visit your doctor? You look for home remedies that are easily accessible and effective too. There are different natural remedies available for your pets too. Here is a small list of many natural ingredients which you can use for treating your pets at home.
- YogurtIf you like yogurt and if it’s readily available in your home, then give some to your pets to keep their intestines free from bacteria. It also provides a natural protection against yeast infections if your dog is treated with antibiotics. A little yogurt along with routine food can have wonderful effects on your dog’s health.
- Vitamin EVitamin E is a good solution for treating age lines and in dogs you can use it for treating dry skin. massage vitamin E oil directly on the skin or use it during a bath. Either way is reaches the inner parts and nourishes the skin. However, do check with your vet and take safety measures if recommended.
- OatmealHaving a dog who continuously scratches himself can be annoying. The itchiness in animals arises due to allergies and one of the best treatments for allergies is lying in your house. Oatmeal! Use finely grounded oatmeal and mix it with warm water to create a bath. Wash your dog with the oatmeal water and soon the allergies and infections will disappear.
- Epsom saltEpsom salt is a great remedy for treating limps and muscle pain in animals. Add about half a cup of Epsom salt to warm water and soak your pet in it. The Epsom salt will relieve your dog from muscle pain and soon the limping will disappear.
- ButterIf you have cats, then you how annoying it is to have hairballs inside your house. Sure, you can use a brush to get rid of them but cleaning it with butter works even better. After you use a brush, wipe using a moist towel that has a little butter in it. You’ll see the difference in a few days.
- Lemon waterFleas are the worst thing for an animal and as an owner it is your duty to make sure your pet doesn’t have them. Warm some water with lemons soaked in it. Keep the water overnight and use it as a spray or wipe it on your pet’s body. The lemon cleans the skin and gets rid of the flea problem.ConclusionThere are different ingredients available in your house that can be used to treat different pet problems. From lemon to oatmeal, the treatment methods are easy and effective.