Image Source: Pixabay.com
Many people work as professional dog-sitters. If you like dogs, it can be fun to dog-sit, although it can get a bit monotonous if you have to do it often. Are you a professional dog-sitter? Do you feel like the dogs you sit seem bored or depressed? Can dog-sitting, especially as a profession, be made fun and adventurous for you and the dogs?Can dog-sitting be adventurous?
The short answer is, yes, it can be quite adventurous. By nature, most dogs are playful and want to do things with and for the owners and sitters. Some dogs are very high on energy and can be quite a handful, while some others are quieter and want to sleep. No matter what the dogs like, you can figure out activities that they and you will enjoy together.Remember to check with the dog owners before you plan any activities with their dogs. It is important to get their permission and to know the status of the dog’s health and socialization before planning any fun activities. This will ensure that you and the dog are safe at all times.Ways to make dog-sitting fun and adventurous
Tips to keep dogs safe during activities
- Hikes and treks: Dogs that like being in nature and the outdoors would love such activities. It gives them a chance to run, climb, swim, and have a wonderful time doing things they love. This also tires out the dogs, so it is a great idea for dogs that are very high on energy.
- Long walks and runs: Most dogs love running, and it is a great activity for them to do with humans. This also helps high-energy dogs to use all the excess energy and tire themselves out in a productive, fun way instead of getting destructive inside the house or feeling bored.• Playtime with other dogs: For dogs that love to socialize, play time could be made a lot of fun by taking them out to meet and play with other dogs. It will also ensure they do not spend all their time only around humans.
- Ensure the dog is physically fit, especially for hiking, trekking, and other physically vigorous activities.
- Ensure you carry enough water and food for yourself and the dog.
- Ensure the dogs are always on leash and do not feel unsafe or threatened at any point. If they are off leash, ensure you can see them throughout.
Dog-sitting is fun, especially for someone who loves dogs but cannot get one for themselves. It is a fun way to spend time with dogs and ensure the dogs do not feel lonely and sad, which is how a lot of dogs feel when left alone for long hours. You can make it interesting and adventurous for yourself and the dogs through these activities.