A place to sleep and food to eat are about the only things that cats care about, apart from which their furry lives are about where their curiosity takes them, and where their true box of calling seats them. Cats are independent creatures, and curious ones at that. You’ll find them in the most unexpected places doing the most unexpected things, and when you find them, they will give you that unrelenting stare that says, they could not care less. Here are five instances that show how cats don’t really care about anything!
- Your only job is to feed me, now go get me some catnip!Cats and keyboards have a long history together, and cats don’t give a damn! How else would you explain your cat’s consistent behavior where it decides to lodge itself on your laptop right when you need to use it? And the melt-your-heart eyes look, how can even say a no to that face? Maybe they do care, and they’re just trying to get you off the laptop so you would instead spend some time with them.
- If it fits, I sits.. if it doesn’t fit, I sitsImage credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/oskay/156280584This cat is a rebel among the already rebellious cat race, as we’ve come to know them. He’ll sit in a box regardless of whether it fits or not. Don’t ask me what happened to all those juice cartons in the box, he hisses. I though you’re the one who runs the house, he smugly purrs as an after-thought.
- Don’t you know it’s rude to stare? Besides, this’s how I watch TVImage courtesy: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lisacee/5420415856Cats are nimble creatures, and this cat is all so proud of it. So, I was watching this thing while you were gone, and this is exactly what the guy on TV was doing. There! I think this was it. Yes, this was certainly it. Go on then, you can do the jaw-drop now. I said..drop your jaw, now.
- Don’t have no time for babies!Image credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AMyllissa-Oscar_the_tabby_cat_teasing_a_baby-01.jpgBabies, you silly creatures! You tiny humans can try all you want, but you’re never going to get as cute as us. Can’t even climb up a couch..pffft!
- That’s it! I give up on humans!Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/oskay/156280597/in/photostream/This cat pretty much gave up on humans after seeing how they spend all their time tailing cats, trying to scoop up some interesting shots. Seriously, you need a new hobby, he purrs. No, I said no posing or pictures, nada! Not unless you are going to be paying me in catnip. Are you gone? I don’t smell any catnip.