Image Source: Pixabay.com/
We no longer have to leave behind our dogs when we go for a vacation. There are over 38,000 pet-friendly hotels in the US and over 13,000 restaurants that are dog-friendly. It’s become easy to plan a vacation with your dog as the number of places that accepts them is increasing on a daily basis. Before you set off with your four-legged friend, make sure that they are up-to-date with their vaccinations and have a valid license. Also, make sure that your dog listens to you when you are in public places and it is within your site. Here is a list of best dog-friendly vacation spots in the US for families.
- San DiegoSan Diego is one of the most popular vacation spots for dog lovers; in fact, it is the dream holiday. The weather is brilliant all year and there are great restaurants for both your furry friend and your family. You can take your dog to al fresco restaurants as they are pet-friendly and when you want to allow them to roam around, you can visit any of the 16 off-leash parks. If you feel like spoiling your furry friend, you can give them a treat at the Lighthouse Ice Cream shop or Original Paw Pleasers, which is a bakery dedicated to dogs, offering freshly baked dog treats. You can also take them to the Dog Beach and later visit the Dog Beach Dog Wash to clean them up. If you feel like shopping, visit the Otay Ranch Town Center as it is dog-friendly.
- WisconsinIf you want to have an outdoor experience and share nature with your dogs, Wisconsin is the place to be. You can grab a fresh cup of joe with your four-legged friend in the Community Bark Dog Wash & Coffee Bar. Visit the Kettle Moraine State Forest to train in water skills for your dogs. There are 99 state parks and recreational areas that allow you to take your dog. In Milwaukee, there are 5 off-leash parks and in Lake Michigan, you can take your dog for a spin around the lake at Juneau Park Paddleboats.
- Portland Portland is a popular destination for both people and their pets. There are over 30 off-leash parks to choose from, and if you really want to take the scenic route, you can go through the Powell Butte Trail. Most local restaurants welcome pets and if you come in August, you can go for the Canine Uncorked wine tours by Oregon wineries
- Chicago Go for a walk with your dog at Navy Pier to check out the restaurants and shops or go for a 90-minute Mercury Canine Cruise on the Chicago River. The city offers over 18 off-leash parks and 3 beaches along Lake Michigan, with the best of the lot being Montrose Dog Beach.
- Austin Austin is one of the few towns in Texas where both humans and their pets can have loads of fun. You can visit Austin Doga so that both you and your dog can enjoy yoga. You can take your four-legged friend to Red Bud Isle for a swim or visit any of the 18 off-leash parks. There’s a food truck for dogs called Bow-Wow Bone that caters to the needs of your dog.
Pack up your bags, pick one of these locations and head off with your furry friend to have the vacation of your lifetime.