Image credits - Pixabay
Supplements are available for pets in the same way that they are available for humans. These supplements contain the essential vitamins and minerals that are need for your pet’s growth and development. Such supplements are available in most pet stores and pharmacies all over the country. But the important question that needs to be asked is, when should you give your pet supplements? Unlike humans, your dog or cat won’t be able to tell you when it is facing a problem. As such, it is up to you to decide when you should provide your pet with supplements.Here are some of the signs that will help you know if your pet needs supplements
. But it is advised that you take your pet to the vet in case of any major problem.
- Physical discomfortYou’ll be able to tell clearly when your pet is feeling down or when it is facing a physical discomfort. One of the signs is a persistent cough that will usually be worse during the night. Another sign is the constant changing of sleeping or sitting position. Pets suffer from heart diseases, and restlessness is a clear sign of that. If you pet is uninterested in games and play, it might indicate physical discomfort.
- Excessive groomingLicking and grooming themselves are normal behaviors in pets but doing it excessively is not a good sign. It is quite possible that the area that your pet is tending to most is the region of pain. It is an animal instinct to take care of the area that hurts the most.
- behavior changesShyness and aggression are two behaviors that will tell you that your pet is undergoing behavioral change. If your pet doesn’t want to sit or stand up or chase after its favorite ball, then its time you took him to a vet. Supplements often help pets deal with lethargic feeling and grumpy moods. Behavior changes are an important indication that your pet needs supplements.
- Vitamin or mineral deficiencyThis is something that a vet will be able to tell you better than you. Vitamin or mineral deficiencies in your pet’s body leads to diseases and physical problems. Supplements works best in such cases because most of the products provide an additional boost of vitamins that are lacking in food.
- Lack of appetiteAppetite is an important indicator that will tell you how your pet is feeling. If he is down with sickness, he will naturally lose his appetite. Supplements can improve appetite and help pets eat better.Supplements are important as they contain a healthy dose of vital nutrients, but knowing when to provide your pets with supplements is very important.