My dog started bleeding from the nose while we were walking on leash around a public horse stable. We went to the vet and discovered a very low platlet count. He ran another blood test for autoimmune disease but results were negative. We got the bleeding stopped and two days later she seems back to her usual self. What else could cause a sudden drop in platlets????
How do rat poisons or poisonous toads affect a dogs system and how long after ingesting a poison would it have a reaction???
Rat poison can take effect anytime between ingestion and a month from ingestion. We usually start to see symptoms at about 3 days after ingestion. It depends on the generation of the toxicant. I do not know about toads. A tumor in the nasal cavity, amoung many other things will also cause bleeding. vetcare