On May 18 I asked about my 6 month old shephard/dane mix eating pine tree bark. Your vet replied that it wouln't hurt her, but was not good for the tree. I spoke with my vet, and they said it could cause intestinal blockage, requiring surgery to correct. I thought you might like to know this.
Thanks, many dogs eat shrubs and chew on tree bark and sticks etc, the chances of the animal becoming obstructed form this is very rare b/c most dogs chew on it and brake into small pieces before swollowing. In my years of experience I have never seen tree bark obstruction but I am sure there has been a case or two out there. Rocks, toys, fruit pits, bones etc.. is a different story BUT tree bark- give me a brake. Vetcare