I have a 2yr. old full blood chocolate lab and he can't seem to keep his food down. He may vomit within 30min. after eating or 3 or 4 hours after eating. Sometimes he wakes up out of a dead sleep and vomits. My vet told me last year when he did this he had tonsilitus. But, since he has started it again and has 2 points above normal fever and is tender in the stomach that he might have a pancreitious infection. He suggested that I feed him boiled hamberger meat and rice and I am giving him 960mg tabs of SMZ-TMP which he says is a sulfer drug. He has had three meal and three tablets and has only keep down one.
What do you think?
It is contraindicated to give a dog any food or drink if diagnosed with pancreatitis. I recommend that you go for a second opinion. I do not like that diagnosis b/c it is rare in large breed dogs so young. It sounds more like a megaesophagus or inflammatory bowel disease BUT I have not had the privledge of examining your pet. vetcare