I have a mixed breed (golden lab/catahoula curr) dog, 2 years old. She weighed 89 lbs and vet said she had to lose weight. We put her on a light dog food and cut back on treats. Our house is in the country and prime spot for dropping off unwanted animals. We have now adopted two other dogs. The three animals have taken to running in the woods and swampy areas near our home. Clair has lost so much weight that you can see her ribs. We took her off light food, gave her regular diet but she is not gaining weight. She has survived being poisoned by neighbors, snake bite, being shot. My husband thinks these 3 hour runs twice a day are responsible. I am concerned there may be an underlying problem. Any idea?
There may be, why don't you bring her to the vet for a check-up, blood test and stool test to be on the safe side. vetcare