my 7 year old cat has developed a lump on his back right leg. the vet is concerned because it's at the site where he's received vaccines (in the past, he hasn't had a shot in at least 6 months).
we have 3 options:
1 'wait and see' which he didn't recommend
2 do a needle biopsy and have it sent away
3 remove the entire lump and surrounding area 'just in case'
i, of course, don't want to just wait and see. his concerns with the needle biopsy is that he might not get the right tissue (it's a flat area and he's afraid he might just get fat tissue by accident) which would return a false negative. he's also concerned that it'll be inconclusive and even if they could tell something, they still might not be able to tell if it's cancer. he recommends removal.
what do you think? i'm supposed to take oliver in tomorrow to have it either removed or do the needle asperiate.
thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
tara and oliver
It sounds like the answer is obvious-remove it. vetcare