we believe our dog has either been stung by a bee or possibly a spider - His eyes are swelling and his nose is swollen as well as the sides of his face... He has also started licking his paws which he has done before when he got an allergic reaction to pollen. Should we bring him to a vet immediately??? Are there any signs we should be watching for??? I know it can be deadly when a person that is allergic gets stung by a bee, is that the same for a dog???
Your pet should be seen by a vet asap whenever an allergic reaction is suspected. There is always the risk of shock. Bugs bited often cause allergic reactions similar to the one you describe. Keeping some benadryl handy is not a bad idea. Discuss a dose with your vet. vetcare