We lost a puppie (5mo) last night. We have a 7mo, a 1 1/2 yo, and a 8yo dog. They are all up to date on their shots as was the puppy. What should we do to make sure we dont loose any more dogs? We sterilized the area where the puppy died. The vet gave us IV solution and antibiotics to bring home with him with a 75% chance that he would make it. The 25% was too much for him. I am a breeder and this is the first time I lost a dog to parvo, and I am very distraught about it and want to take any measure needed to make sure I don't loose any more dogs.
Make sure your pets are vaccinated. clean the area with bleach and keep the dogs away from the area for 2 weeks. vetcare