At a Glance
Effectively treats infections in dogs and cats
Quickly absorbs into your pet’s body in less than an hour
Low incidence of side effects
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Orbax is an FDA-approved prescription antibiotic used to treat infections in dogs and cats. This medication has proven effective against skin and soft tissue infections, urinary tract infections, and other microbiological bacterial pathogens. Known for its quick action, Orbax is absorbed into the body in less than an hour. This safe and effective drug has a low incidence of side effects, and since Orbax requires a lower dose than other similar medications, treatment is more affordable.
Side Effects and Warnings
While side effects are rare, your pet may experience loss of appetite, dizziness, vision problems, vomiting, diarrhea, itching, rash, and behavioral symptoms such as depression or nervousness. These symptoms may be indicative of a serious problem, and are cause for contacting your veterinarian. If your pet exhibits an allergic reaction (symptoms may include swelling, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, etc.), discontinue use and immediately contact your veterinarian.
Orbax should be used with caution in animals with central nervous system disorders, as in rare cases it may cause seizures.
Orbax should not be used in growing dogs or pregnant and nursing mothers, since it has a negative effect on growing bones and joints.
Orbax should not be used in conjunction with vitamin or mineral products. Do not give Orbax within 2 hours of administering antacids or sucralfate. Tell your veterinarian if your pet is taking phenytoin, oral cyclosporine, probenecid, warfarin, Theophylline, or NSAIDs such as Rimadyl and aspirin. These and other medications may cause interactions, so tell your veterinarian about any other over-the-counter or prescriptions drugs, supplements, or vitamins that your pet is taking.
Ask your veterinarian or consult with one of our pet care specialists at 1-800-844-1427.
This information is for informational purposes only and is not meant as a substitute for the professional advice of, or diagnosis or treatment by, your veterinarian. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional advice due to what you may have read on our website. Our medications are FDA approved and/or EPA regulated when and as required by law.
5.7mg per tablet
22.7mg per tablet
68mg per tablet
Store at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Follow the directions provided by your veterinarian. This medication should be given on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after food intake. Supply plenty of water to your pet while they are taking Orbax.
The usual dose for dogs and cats is 1.15mg-3.5mg per pound every 24 hours. Treatment is recommended from 5 to 10 days for skin infections and 10 days for other conditions. Complete the treatment as prescribed to prevent the infection from recurring or worsening.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 3
Rated 5 out of 5 by JLee Petcarerx is the place to shop
Quick shipping, legit product-my cats are fine again. And great prices on meds. Definitely recommend shopping here
October 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by CatCrazy The best antibiotic I have ever used for my cat
I have an 18 year old cat who has always been sensitive to antibiotics and has had major side effects to most that she has used with the exception of Orbax. I do not use the pills, I get the liquid. It is almost tasteless and there are no side effects. She takes it for UTI, mouth and skin issues (including advanced abscess) and it works when nothing else will. I always request it when the vet suggests something else. When I ask for Orbax they act surprised and say it costs twice as much and don't usually suggest it unless the cheaper stuff isn't effective. So, I just say skip the cheap stuff and get the Orbax. It is a phenomenal product for certain conditions and is so easy to administer in liquid form.
March 23, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 doesn't work for me
Its probably just my dogs condition,but it does nothing for his interdigital cysts.We have had him on it for a while and it has never gotten better
August 19, 2013
Orbax is an antibiotic for cats and dogs made by Schering-Plough. The product is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. Orbax starts working quickly and effectively.
In stock! Order now!
based on 3
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price