At a Glance
Two phases that effectively combat canine Cushing's disease
Easy to administer in chewable tablet form
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Lysodren is a treatment option for dogs that have been diagnosed with canine Cushing's disease. This medication has two phases: a "loading" phase and a "maintenance" phase. The combination of the medication's two phases allows for better care of your dog's disease so he or she can be feeling like normal in no time.
Lysodren is a perfect treatment option as it is kind your wallet. In addition, Lysodren is incredibly easy to administer to your dog. This treatment option is not a shot or a pill that you have to force your dog to swallow by hiding it in its food. There is no need to tempt your dog to take its medication in numerous unhealthy treats as this medication comes in a convenient chewable tablet.
Lysodren is the Generic Alternative to Mitotane.
Side Effects and Warnings
In treating Cushing's Disease, lysodren may erode the adrenal cortex so far as to create a cortisone defiency, either temporarily or irreparably. The latter case is referred to as Addison’s disease. Symptoms include loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea , weakness and drowsiness. Contact a veterinarian immediately if symptoms are observed.
This medication should not be used in animals that are allergic to it. Do not use in pregnant or nursing animals. Use with caution in animals with kidney or liver disease. Use caution when used with insulin or spironolactone.
Bristol Meyers Squibb
500mg per tablet
Store at room temperature and protect from light
Consult your veterinarian for dosing and accompanying treatment, and for caution regarding drug interaction. Be prepared to monitor your pet regularly with blood tests.
Lysodren follows a treatment regimen of a "loading phase" followed by a "maintenance phase" in order to help you manage your pet's illness.
Do not handle Lysodren with your bare hands, particularly if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
Rated 5 out of 5 by 5
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mare Works wonders.
I bought this product for my dog when she was diagnosed about 6 years ago. When I first bought this I went to a regular pharmacy and was charged $500 was this medication because they told me not many people were on it and I had to purchase the whole bottle of 100 tablets. Now I guess it's more out there and cheaper to buy. Great deal....
January 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Thank you
It was VERY helpful to read how well other dogs have done on this med! My 13 yo dog was recently diagnosed with Cushings Disease and will have to start this med as well. Thanks for the hope!
April 16, 2010
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Lusodren works
My dog has recovered from cancer twice and she now has has Cushings disease for 3 years. She gets 1/2 of a 500mg pill 2x per week and weighs 35 lbs. She needs a pepcid ac pill when she takes the lysodren and is doing fine at 13 years old!!!
April 24, 2009
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Lysodren works!!
My dog was diagnosed with Cushings Disease 4 years ago. Casey is on Lysodren, carefully monitored by our Veterinarian, and is doing beautifully! She has had no side effects and is a happy, healthy 13 year old Lab.
March 19, 2008
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer It's a miracle
Sadie was diagnosed with Cushings. My vet advised against starting treatment (Lysodren) until she deteriorated greatly saying the treatment could be worse than the disease. However, she lacked energy, drank all the time,therefore had accidents, was starving,etc. . She was losing her hair (her tail was almost bald & she's a poodle!)Once she went on Lysodren, she's was like a new dog. Active, her appetite & thirst are under control. Even more amazing is that she grew back a lush thick coat which is dark red like it was when she was a puppy! It improved her quality of life tremendously! *This is a prescription item.
January 17, 2005
Bristol Meyers Squibb
Lysodren is a medication for dogs that have been diagnosed with canine Cushing's disease. Lysodren is effective in helping your pet's illness and is inexpensive and easy to administer.
In stock! Order now!
based on 5
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price