At a Glance
Effectively treats lesions caused by bacterial infections
Safe for dogs with sensitive skin and/or allergies
Easy to use pump spray
This product requires a prescription.
Our regular price:
This item is on sale!
- Wholesale prices on Flea & Tick, Heartworm, Supplements, & Rx Food
- Wholesale prices on all Prescription Medication
- Free shipping on all PetPlus items
- 20% off all other products on PetCareRx.com
- 24/7 Vet Helpline - Call, Email, Chat
- 100% Member Savings Guarantee
- Only $50/year (per pet, plus tax)That's UNDER $5 per month!
Learn More »
Betagen Spray is a prescription topical anti-inflammatory treatment used on dogs suffering from superficial lesions caused by bacterial infections of the skin. This quick and easy medication helps treat and relieve hot spots, rashes, skin infections, and allergies. Betagen Spray is FDA-approved and safe for dogs with sensitive skin.
Each mL contains: gentamicin sulfate equivalent to 0.57 mg gentamicin base, betamethasone valerate equivalent to 0.284 mg betamethasone, 163 mg isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, methylparaben and propylparaben as preservatives, purified water q.s. Hydrochloric acid may be added to adjust pH.
Side Effects and Warnings
While serious side effects are not typical, extended use of Betagen Spray may result in the growth of organisms such as fungi and yeasts.
Following the use of synthetic corticosteroids, some animals experience increased thirst and urination, vomiting and diarrhea, and weight loss.
Talk to your veterinarian if you notice any unusual side effects.
Do not use Betagen Topical Spray if your dog has a viral or fungal infection.
Talk to your veterinarian if your dog is pregnant or lactating.
Consult with your veterinarian before using Betagen Spray if your dog is taking other antibiotic or corticosteroid medications. Talk to your veterinarian before administering any other medications while using Betagen Spray
- Your veterinarian will inform you of the number of sprays per day and the duration of treatment.
- The usual dose is 2 sprays 2-4 times a day for 7 days.
- Do not use Betagen Spray for more than 7 days unless advised by your veterinarian.
- Prior to treatment, remove excess hair and clean the lesion and surrounding area.
- To use, hold the spray bottle 3 to 6 inches from the affected area.
Other Customers Also Bought for their Pet
- Kills any disease carrying tick within one day of application
- Prevents every stage of flea life (eggs, larvae, and pupae) from developing into adults
- Frontline Plus is waterproof
- Lasts for 30 days
- Kills heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and other parasites
- Convenient chewable made with real beef that your dog will love
- Safe and effective; EPA and FDA approved
- Kills all stages of flea life (including eggs, larvae, and adult) within 12 hours
- Kills fleas on contact, so they die before they bite your dog
- Kills and protects against lice
- Waterproof protection for a full 30 days
In stock! Order now!
based on 0
As a Complete Care Plan member, enjoy the following benefits:
- All of your pet prescriptions at wholesale pricing
- Save 25% every time you go to the vet (through PetAssure)
- Convenient pickup at over 60,000 local pharmacies, including CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Walmart
- 20% off everything at PetCareRx.com
- $50 off your first dog sitter booking with Rover.com
- Guaranteed savings in your first year as a member
- And much more...
All this for only $9.99/month
Would you like to upgrade?
Add at Regular Price