If your cat gets frequent hairballs, you probably do a lot more clean up than you’d like to. Your cat is also probably doing more hacking up than they’d like to do. Cat hairballs are a natural occurrence and your cat will likely always have then occasionally, but you can help reduce their frequency and give both you and your cat a break.
Even better, cat hairball remedies can reduce the risk for hairball-related health issues, like blocked intestines. Keep your cat happier and healthier with these effective products.
Get at the root of the hairball problem by getting extra hair out of your cat’s coat. Cats naturally ingest loose hair when they groom, so removing those loose hairs proactively through brushing will give your kitty less to swallow.
- Up to 2/3 of the hair a cat sheds is ingested--the Furminator reduces that amount drastically
- Reduces shedding up to 90%
- Perfectly designed for long haired cats
- Ejector button makes cleaning the tool easy
- Perfect for short-haired cats who shed a lot
- Reduces the amount of shed hair by 90%
- Easy to clean
- Perfect for cats with sensitive skin or delicate coats
- Reduces shedding and prevents hairballs
- Keeps coat healthy and shiny
- Massages cat's skin for a great grooming experience
Hairball Remedy Pastes, Treats, and Vitamins
Some hairball remedies are laxative-based products that help your cat digest any hair in their system and pass it through their stool. Your cat will use the litter box like usual instead of retching up so many hairballs. Others are oil combinations and vitamins for cats that boost coat health, meaning less loose hair to start with.
- Help hair pass through digestive tract to reduce hairballs
- Easy to administer--just put on your cat's paw and they lick it off
- Given daily, it helps prevent hairball build-ups
- This tuna-flavored laxative is eagerly eaten by cats and prevents hairballs. (You can also try Maple-Flavored Laxatone)
- Also prevent nausea and constipation
- Contains a beneficial iron supplement
- Easy-to-give delicious treat
- No added salt or artificial colors
- Contains rice bran and mineral oil to prevent hairballs
- Contains plant-based fibers for hairball prevention
- Feed as a snack or a treat
- Delicious chicken flavor
- A bled of nutrients, herbs, vitamins, minerals, and natural oils that reduce shedding
- Gives your cat healthier, shinier fur
- Contains no petroleum-based ingredients
- Supports a health digestive tract and reduces hairballs
- Contains herbs that naturally lubricate
Cat Foods for Hairball Prevention
Perhaps the simplest way to reduce hairballs is to feed your cat a food specifically designed for hairball prevention. The fibers and oils in these foods help your cat digest any ingested hair more effectively, and also boosts coat health.
- Promotes healthy digestion with premium ingredients
- Contains vitamin E and fish oil to promote healthy hair
- Just feed your cat as usual, and they'll have fewer hairballs!
- Hairball management specifically for senior cats
- Delicious chicken flavor
- For cats 1 to 7 years olf
- Supports a health immune system and reduces plaque while also reducing hairballs
- While not a cat food, this natural blend of herbs and greens will delight your kitty
- Grown easily at home
- Cats will happily chew the grass, a natural hairball remedy
More on Cat Grooming and Care
My Cat's Not Grooming
How to Wash a Cat
3 Tricks for Getting Rid of Hairballs