Image Source: Pixabay.com
If you’re a pet parent, then one thing you know without a single doubt is the fact that you love your pet. You love them, that’s why it is important to take care of them and protect them from the brutalities of the world. Just like parents do for their children. But sometimes, caring for a pet can take up a lot of time – time you usually don’t have. Here are a few life hacks for pet parents that can make their lives remarkably easier.
- Your Dog’s Breath is not as Pleasurable as Your Puppy’sYou may enjoy snuggling on the couch on a cold winter’s day with your puppy. But as they grow older, their breath starts to change and become a little repulsive. But you still love the feeling you get when you’re cuddling. So what can you do about this breath problem? Well, an everyday object in your kitchen just might be what you need to do the trick – Parsley! The antimicrobial herb is a great remedy for bad breath. All you have to do is sprinkle a bit of it over your pet’s meal. Not only does parsley get rid of bad odors, it also strengthens the immunity so it’s a win-win situation.
- Coconut Oil – The Oil That Can Do MiraclesThere are not many oils which have all the health benefits of coconut oil. If your doggy suffers from dry skin or that seasonal rash that doesn’t seem to go away, then coconut oil can help you in that department. Just rub it on his fur to soothe his skin and heal any rashes.
- Make Use of Rubber Gloves to CleanOne thing that you’ll surely experience as a pet parent, is all the fur. Pets have a lot of it and even when you take precautions, chances are, you will still end up with a bunch of fur on your clothes and in your carpets. You can easily clean up any lose hairs in the house with a rubber glove. Just wet a rubber glove, and run it over the blankets, your couch, carpet, and even clothes. You can remove all that fur easily in no time at all.
- Make Time To PlayMost of the time, even when we want to give our pets more time, life gets in the way and there’s always something that comes up needing immediate attention. Being busy is understandable but your dog still needs his playtime! If you’re too busy for one-on-one time, then simply tie a toy around your foot. Your dog can play with that toy for hours while you can go about your work with your free hands.
- Slow Down the FoodMost pets tend to devour their meals and then wait expectantly for more. To avoid this, put some kind of obstacle in his bowl that he has to eat around. Maybe a ball or a favorite toy of his.