Image credits - Pixabay
Cats are mainly known to be aloof and disinterested. But that’s not entirely true. Yes, certain cats like their own space and the luxury of solidarity. But a lot of cats crave attention and are really affectionate towards their owners. If you’re wondering where you can find one of those cats, here are a few of the most affectionate breeds. These cats love to snuggle (yes, I said snuggle), cozy up to you and even sleep next to you. Cats can be affectionate if you give them a chance.
- Scottish straight/ Scottish foldThese adorable cats are as snuggly as a stuffed animal. Many of these cats are so mellow that many of them will even go as far as letting your kids dress them up in their Barbie clothes! More than that, they love to be where you are. They are loyal to the core and will follow you into the ocean. They have such sweet facial expressions that you can’t help but be in awe of. These cats will love you as much as you love them and then some.
- RagdollThese cats are called ragdolls because they just go limp in your arms. This breed is not only really loving, but they also tend to have a very laid back and quiet nature. They are soft although they tend to be muscular, they are the ultimate indoor cats because they just want to spend more time with the family. They even have an adorable chirp for a meow that will make you feel blessed if you live with one of these.
- TonkineseThey are as affectionate as they are adorable. These cats are everything but aloof. They have amazing social skills and thrive on attention. They extend their love to all the members of their family. Nothing holds more value to them than being with their owners.
- BirmanThese cats may be able to sense your mood! As soon as they see you happy, they’re there in a jiffy, all hyped up and ready to be played with. If they see you sad, they become the comforters. They’ll be there to console and comfort you through whatever it is that you’re going through. They provide entertainment, as well as a shoulder to cry on when you need it.
- SiameseThey are loving cats who are also outspoken and lively. These cats can also sense your mood and be what you want, when you want. Nothing can be compared to the love expressed in their eyes as they look at their owners. They are the best playmates during the day and the best bed partners during the night.
There are a few other cat breeds which are also overly affectionate. These include the Kurilian Bobtail, Burmese/ Bombay, Main Coon, Sphynx etc.