Image Source: Pixabay.com/
The immunity system of your feline friend is key to its good health and protection against germs, bacteria, and viruses, the common foreign invaders. If you know how the immunity system of cats work, you will be able to understand how healthy your cat is and stop it from falling ill. To help your feline friend from catching diseases that can be fatal to its health, here are 5 easy tips you can use.
- Healthy dietIn order for your cat to be healthy, it needs to be fed a well-balanced and nourishing diet throughout their lives. A diet that is high in proteins and amino acids such as Arginine, Carnitine, and Taurine is a sure way to boost the immunity of your feline friend. You also need to keep carbohydrates low so that they don’t become overweight. Ensure your kitty has access to clean water at all times.
- Stress-free lifeDid you know that stress can lower the immunity of your feline friend? In order to keep your kitty disease-free, it's important that your cat is in a stress-free environment. If the cats don’t have enough space (overcrowding) or the ventilation is poor or the surrounding environment isn’t clean, your kitty will be exposed to pathogens and will be leading a stressful life. Clean the litter box regularly, groom them and give massages regularly to reduce stress.
- Entertaining environmentHistorically, cats are hunters and spend a majority of their time outdoors looking for food. Don’t get fooled by the fact that cats sleep for a long time. If you want your cat to be active and healthy indoors, you need to make sure your house has enough opportunities that allow them to exercise. Invest in good quality toys, scratching posts, and cat trees so that even if you are not at home, you cat will still be entertained.
- Use supplementsSupplements contribute to the well-being of your feline friend. There are loads of cat supplements available on the market that enhance the immunity of your kitty. Ask you vet for the ideal supplements that need to be given to your cat. When buying supplements for cats, purchase ones that have Antioxidants, Arabinogalactans, and Purine Nucleotides.
- Minimize use of chemicalsThere are various kinds of chemicals in the environment of a cat. Toxins in the air, cleaning products, fertilizers, pesticides, and much more. They can lead to allergic reactions that range from itchy skin to diarrhea. Try to keep the levels of chemicals in the environment as low as possible.
It isn’t hard to keep your cat healthy. Just use the tips above and you will see your feline friend living a long life that is filled with happiness rather than diseases.