By the time your dog is a senior, you've probably grown into best pals. And if you adopted your dog as a senior, you know how quickly these loving dogs can take on a special place in your heart.
Senior dogs have different needs from when they were younger, both in terms of health care and the proper supplies.
Take a look at the top picks for senior dog supplies, and get everything you need to treat your pal in their golden years.
Dog Food for Senior Dogs
A new stage of life means a new set of nutritional needs. Make sure your senior dog's diet is giving them the best nutritional value. These foods are formulated with the needs of a senior pet in mind.
Nutro Ultra Holistic Senior Dry Dog Food
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for senior dogs like glucosamine and Beta Carotene
- Boost the health of your dog's skin and coat
- Promotes a strong immune system
Purina One SmartBlend Vibrant Maturity 7+
- Intended for dogs 7 years and older
- Made with real chicken as the first ingredient
- Enhanced with botanical oils to nourish your dog's mind
Wellness Super5Mix Just for Seniors
- Made with a patented combination of fruit and vegetable antioxidants
- Recipe chosen to improve overall fitness and longevity of senior dogs
- Supports hip and joint health
Eukanuba Senior Maintenance Dry Dog Food
- Uses premium choice meats
- Made with Beta-Carotene, L-carnitine, and Omega-3 fatty acids for the health of your senior dog
- Great source of vitamins and minerals
Dogsure Liquid Meal Replacements
- Highly palatable for senior dogs who need some encouragement to eat enough
- Supports fluid intake, to keep your dog hydrated
- Made with high quality proteins
Dental Treats for Your Senior Dog
Dental health is always important, but as your dog ages, it becomes essential to fight plaque and keep your dog's teeth and gums healthy. A dog with healthy teeth will eat, play, and live more comfortably, and avoid some serious dental issues down the line.
Halo Spot's Chew Mint Dental Treat
- Helps clean your dog's teeth and they chew
- Freshens breath with minty flavor
- Easy to digest
C.E.T. Enzymatic Oral Hygiene Chews
- Geared toward larger dogs
- Contains a plaque-preventing enzyme that works as your dog chews
- Keeps dog breath smelling fresh
Greenies for Senior Dogs
- Perfect for home dental care
- Made with added vitamins and minerals for improved oral care
- Chewy texture that's easier on senior dogs' teeth
Playing with your dog may well be the best part of being a pet parent. That shouldn't go away just because your dog is getting older. In fact, playtime will help keep your dog's body active and healthy and their mind engaged. Play on!
Senior Kong Toy
- Encourages play and exercise for less active dogs
- Gentle yet durable rubber compound is easier on older teeth
- Can be filled with treats for even more fun
Multipet Nostalgic Toys
- Remember the good old days with your dog with these toys shaped like Gumby and Pokey!
- Made from durable rubber
- Perfect for the nostalgic dog (and dog parent)!
Zap Ball Flash 'n Sound Dog Toy
- Keeps your dog's attention with noises and lights
- Easier to spot than a normal ball
- Perfect for playing fetch with your senior dog
Figure Eight Rope Tug Dog Toy
- Easy to use for a rousing session of tug-of war
- The woven rope even cleans your dog's teeth as you play
Accessories for Easy-Livin'
Senior dogs are ready for some simpler solutions in life. You really can't beat a softer bed or a more comfortable dining experience. Treat your senior to the accessories that will make each day a bit comfier.
Posture Pro Stainless Steel Double Diner
- Adjustable heigh diner to help your senior dog get to their food more easily
- Attractive wooden tones
- Comes with two stainless steel bowls to hold food and water
Dog Gone Smart Bed
- Soft and plush for older dogs
- Stays clean naturally with patented NanoSphere finish
- Prevents the spread of bacteria
Smart Elizabethan Collar
- Prevents dogs from licking or biting at a wound or stiches
- Padded edges for comfort
- Easy to see through
Vitamins and Supplements
Sometimes our dogs can use a little extra help in staying healthy and fit. These vitamins are perfect for senior dogs, and formulated to help with their needs.
Excel Senior Multi Vitamin for Dogs
- Provides the balance of vitamins and mineral essential for senior dogs
- Will help maintina a healthy coat
- It's easy to feed your dog this tasty, chewable tablet
- Alleviates joint inflammation and stiffness
- Contains vitamins C and E, glucosamine, and grape seed extract
- Made with human-grade ingredients
Kala Health Geriatrix for Dogs and Cats
- A daily multi-vitamin for older pets
- Contains 19 vitamins and minerals and 18 amino acids
- Made with all USA ingredients
- Supports health and reduces stress in dogs
- Especially helps dogs who've lost their appetite get all their essential vitamins
- Can be given daily
With the right supplies, you and your dog and play and nap together all through their senior years!