Image Source: Pixabay.com/
Spring marks the end of winter and the beginning of summer. After spending months indoors, it’s finally time for the dogs and their owners to head out and enjoy the sun, bond over games, and have fun. But before you decide to take your dog out for long walks, you need to groom your dog so that your dog can enjoy the oncoming season without any difficulties. Here are 5 simple tips to get you going.
- Groom the winter coatIn order for your dogs to cope up with winter, their coat becomes thicker. After winter is over, the dogs begin to shed the extra coat. You would have noticed tumbleweeds of dog hair on your floor, clothes, bed, and sofa (to name a few things hair sticks on). You can get rid of the winter coat by brushing your dog on a daily basis. If the coat is too long, spring is the best time to get it clipped by a professional.
- Check for parasitesAs the warmer weather sets in fleas, ticks, and other parasites will be on the prowl. You want to keep your dog out of harm’s way. You can check the skin of the dog for these parasites or you can visit your vet to get the dog checked by a professional.
- Begin worm controlThe beginning of any season is the good for deworming. Summer season is ideal because worms can infect dogs during this time. Finding the right combination can be difficult so make sure you visit the vet to avoid any complications.
- Lose winter weightDogs tend to gain extra weight during winter as they are not as active as they usually are. Dog owners tend to think that it's okay for dogs to carry a little bit of extra weight. You should know that overweight pets are prone to serious diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, pancreatitis, and cardiovascular problems. Make it a goal to lose the excess weight.
- Clean the bed, collar, and toysAs dogs spend a considerable amount of time indoors during winters, the bed will full of grime and dirt. Clean the bed using a vacuum cleaner to remove all hair that is caught onto the fabric and wash it with cold water. Dry the bed outdoors so that the bed is fluffy again. The collar can be washed by using dog shampoo and hot water. Ensure the collar is rubbed against itself to remove the dirt because if you use a brush to clean the collar, the material could get damaged. The toys can be cleaned by using a combination of vinegar and water or with the help of a dishwasher.
With these tips, your dog can have a wonderful summer that’s filled with happiness and joy.