January 25, 2014
– PMI Nutrition, LLC, has announced a voluntary recall of 20 lb. bags of Red Flannel Cat Formula cat food because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella
The package affected is:
- 20 lb. bags of Red Flannel Cat Formula cat food with:
- Best by: 05 06 14 096 13 SM L2 1A (lot number)
- UPC code: 7 42869 00058 5
- No other products/lot numbers are affected by this recall
PetCareRx does not currently sell this product.
Routine testing by the FDA Detroit District Office identified possible Salmonella
Medium. So far there have been no reports of pet or human illness associated with these products. Salmonella
can sicken animals eating the products and there’s risk to humans from handling contaminated products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Dispose of any unused portion of the product. Keep on the lookout for signs of Salmonella
- Call PMI products at 1-800-332-4738 for further information. Customer service representatives will be available Sunday, Jan. 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST and Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST.
Read the full announcement
from the FDA.
Your cat may like one of these foods:
DON’T MISS ANY RECALLSSubscribe to Pet Food Recalls
and keep your pets protected by staying in the know!