Image Source: Pixabay.com/
Coyotes, snakes, scorpions, rats, skunks and many other wild animals can roam around your house in search of food or prey. If you have a pet, then he will show signs to tell you that there is an invader around the area. However, if you’re not around, it is possible for your pet to engage in a fight with the wild animal and in doing so it might get hurt. So, what should you do if a wild animal attacks or if your pet gets attacked by a wild animal.
- Keep a first-aid kit readyA first aid kit is the first important thing that you should keep in hand. The kit should contain basic essentials like bandages, anti-septic, saline solutions, gauze pads etc. In case of a wound, treat it carefully and if the wound is deep, then take him to a vet immediately.
- Don’t leave your pet outsideNever leave your pet outside if you live in an area where there are wild animals. And even if you do, make sure someone stays with your pet all the time. Another thing that you can do to keep your pet safe is to create a safe passage to and from the house which only your pet can access.
- Update on vaccinationsTaking your pet to the vet and updating on the vaccination is another important thing which you should do to keep your pet safe from wild animal attacks. Ensure that your pet receives his dose of medications from time to time.
- Don’t keep any food outsideMost wild animals come in search of food and water and don’t mean any harm. While you can keep some food and water at a distance from your house if you really care about them, it is advised not to do so. Once wild animals realize that there’s food available in a particular region, they’ll come again and again. And if it sees another animal like your pet in the vicinity, then it is sure to attack him because it will feel threatened.
- Inform your neighborsIf you feel there is a wild animal roaming around in your neighborhood, inform your neighbors and tell them to keep a close watch. By informing everyone, you can prevent your and your neighbor’s pets from getting attacked.
Animal attacks are common and you should be cautious if you live in an area where animal attacks happen frequently and if you have a pet. Take necessary precautions to protect your pet from being attacked by wild animals. Treat your pet immediately in case of a wild attack or take him to the vet if the wound is serious.