Image Source: Pixabay.com/
You must have heard people saying how dogs have fur to protect them from the cold and all. While it’s true that their fur does protect them from the cold when the temperature drops below bearable limits, it’s time to save your pet from the winter. There are different strategies you can adopt for keeping your pet away from the cold. You can come up with fun ways to ensure both you and your pet stay away from the cold. Below are some of the ways in which you can keep your pet warm.
- Warm clothesYou can either buy clothes for your pet or have them custom made. There are beautiful designs available in the pet stores and all you have to do pick a nice one for your pet. They will keep your pet warm for the rest of the winter.
- Keep the paws warmOften, your pets will get a cold from their paws or legs. It is important that you keep them warm to ensure that the rest of your pet’s body stays warm. You can use socks or have them wrapped up when your pet is resting or sleeping.
- Keep them indoorsFor most of the time, keep your pets indoor. However, you might have to take them out for a walk. So, ensure that they have their coats on. Also, make sure you avoid the ice, if any of it is present.
- Keep them hydratedWater is important to regulate body temperatures and make sure your pet is drinking plenty of water to keep the body hydrated. Use a plastic bowl because metal bowls tend to freeze more often.
- More treats!It requires calories to produce heat and for that your pet will need more treats. Along with the treat, ensure that the diet is proper and consists of the essential nutrition which are needed for heat production.
- Keep hot spotsEveryone likes sitting at places that are nice and warm. Then why should it be different for your pets? Keep different spots around the house that are cozy and warm. You can make small beds or have cushions lying around the place. Additionally, insulate your house to ensure that the heat stays trapped inside.
Winter is a harsh time for both humans and pets. Owners need to keep their pets away from the cold by providing proper protection. Protection includes warm coat, socks and any other piece of clothing which can keep them warm. Insulate the house and reduce the time spent outside. Make sure, your pet is drinking a lot of water so that it stays hydrated. Also, increase the amount of treats because calories are required to produce heat.