Image Source: Freegreatpicture.com/
One might think that animals like dogs don’t suffer from the usual pains that we do but it’s not so. Dogs suffer from the same ailments that we do including things like muscle pain. Muscle pains can range from mild to severe. If your dog limps about the house, then it is likely that he has experienced a muscle pain in the leg. However, he will show signs of restlessness if it happens in other parts of the body.In most cases, you should take your dog to a vet. However, if it is not possible to take him to the vet, then you can try giving him pain-relieving medicines. But choosing the right medicine can be risky. So, give him something that is universally accepted as a pain-reliever. Below are some home remedies which are safe and easy to prepare.
- Mineral salt bathMineral salt baths are easily available in most dog spas. But if you want to do it in your home, then all you need is some warm water and Epsom salt. Mix Epsom salt into warm water and allow your dog to stay in it for a while. After the bath, you can massage your dog’s pain area with eucalyptus oil.
- RestMake sure your dog receives plenty of rest after the injury. If the pain area is somewhere in the leg, then rest becomes even more important. If the pain is mild, then adequate rest should be enough to cure it.
- MassagesMassages are soothing and work on the pain afflicted area to relieve stress and tension. There are many herbal remedies which you can mix in almost any combination of herbs and natural plants. Massage gently over the muscle and allow it to rest for some time. It should show effect in a few days.
- StretchingThere are simple stretching exercises which you can make your dog do. These exercises are great pain relievers and are not complicated. Also, the chances of getting additional pain is also low.
- Applying heatApplying heat to the area of muscle pain works well too. Take a cloth and warm it. Place it on the muscle and keep it like the heat dissipates. Keep repeating the process for about 5-6 minutes. It will provide great relief to your dog.
Muscle pain in dogs are common and affects them in the same way it does humans. The remedies are also similar. Luckily, you don’t have to spend a fortune on unnecessary medicines. Treatment options are available in your home. Warm baths and massages with herbs are some of the best home-made treatment methods. A warm bath with Epsom salt also works well.