Image Source: Pexels.com/Introduction
Cats, with their tiny noses and fluffy bodies, can touch the heart of anyone. Their docile and solitary nature makes them adorable creatures. Merely looking at your fluffy friend running around in the house allays a lot of distress.But there is more than just emotional support that your feline friend gives you. Have you ever heard your cat purr? If yes, then you will be surprised to know that your cat's purr can heal you in a number of ways. Besides being relaxing and stress-busting, your cat's purr is physically beneficial for you. The fact is backed by science which focuses more on the vibration than the sound produced by your cat's purr.The healing power of cat purrs
Cat's purr produces a vibration in the range of 20 to 140 Hertz, which is considered medically therapeutic. Scientists have dived deeper into the subject of frequency-based healing process, and found that cat's purring frequency brings healing changes in the body. Sound frequencies that range from 20 to 140 Hertz induce bone growth and speeds up the healing process.Besides this, cat's purr is linked to various other health benefits, which are as follows:
- Reducing stressPetting your purring cat immediately has a calming effect on your nerves and de-stresses your body. Since stress is the underlying cause of many heart and neurological diseases, cat's purr is seen to alleviate it to prevent the onset of such diseases.
- Reducing dyspnoeaShortness of breath or dyspnoea is a common problem faced by people, and also animals. Dyspnoea is the symptom of a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is surprising to see that cat's purr can reduce the symptoms associated with dyspnoea. The sound frequency of 100 Hertz, which falls under the range of cat purrs, is seen to reduce dyspnoea to a great extent.
- Reducing blood pressureHigh blood pressure, or hypertension is a direct result of stressful lives of people. Since the sound frequency of cat purrs reduce stress, you can also experience a fall in your blood pressure because of the calming effects induced by the purring cat.
- Healing injuriesThe frequency is seen to heal muscle, tendon and ligament injuries in humans. The low frequency heals fractures, and relieves pain and achy muscles. The frequency of 20-50 Hertz is seen to increase bone density, an interesting fact to consider about cat purrs.
- Reduces chances of heart attacksPurring cats are believed to reduce chances of heart attacks by 40 percent. Everything is very prominently related to reduced stress levels when exposed to the cat's purring frequency.