Summer is a time for adventure! The perfect combination of gorgeous weather and longer days makes this the season for exploration and trying new things. However, it can be tricky to think up activities that include our furrier friends. Well, we are here to inject your summer with some pet-friendly fun. This list contains some great ideas of how to help your pet enjoy the warmer months. So break out the bug spray and slap on some sunscreen, because the summer is calling and your pets hear it too.
1. Go to the beach with your dog and enjoy the sun.
2. Take your pet to make new friends in the park.
3. Go on a vacation to somewhere new.
4. Instead of a walk, take your dog for a run.
5. Play Frisbee in the park and get your dog some exercise.
6. Go to the lake with your dog and explore the great outdoors.
7. Go camping overnight.
8. Go on a road trip to somewhere exciting.
9. Teach your dog a new trick.
10. Pet makeover!
11. Go on a hike.
12. Take your dog to the pool.
13. Take your dog to a nursing home or hospital and let others enjoy your favorite pal.
14. Create a new window perch for your cat.
15. Find your dog a summer romance (just make sure they’re spayed or neutered).
16. Make an obstacle course for your dog.
17. Cool off from the summer sun and take a nap.
18. Go shopping with your dog or cat and get some new toys.
19. Build a tree house for your cat.
20. Make a home video and put it on Dogwork.com.
21. Go fishing with your dog.
22. Build a ventilated dog house.
23. Bring your dog to work.
24. Organize a dog walk for charity.
25. Have a photo shoot with your cat or dog.
26. Sign your dog up for therapy training.
27. Go on a double date with your cat.
28. Invent a new sport with your dog -- extreme stick-carrying, anyone?
29. Write a song featuring your cat’s voice.
30. Make a Facebook account for your cat.
31. Cook with your dog and make a homemade topper for their favorite food.
32. Play piano with your cat.
33. Teach your dog to “high-five.”
34. Go to an outdoor concert with your dog.
35. Play “hide and seek” with your cat.
36. Go boogie boarding with your dog.
37. Make your cat a new scratching post.
38. Dance with your dog.
39. Build a remote control mouse for your cat.
40. Go on a healthy diet with your cat or dog.
41. Shadow your cat and mirror their actions all day (eat, nap, go to a different room, go outside).
42. Let your dog lead the way and take you for a walk.
43. Off-leash train your dog.
44. Take your dog for an annual vet visit if you haven't already. Then treat yourselves to something nice after. You deserve it!
45. Find other dogs in your area and meet up.
46. Make sure you have the best gear for summer fun, like a travel water bowl.
47. Try Doga -- that’s right, yoga with your dog!
48. Put the top down in your convertible or let your dog hang their head out the window! Don't forget your doggles!
49. Stay inside and read a book to your pet on a rainy day.
50. Explore an indoor dog park.
51. Schedule a grooming session for some pampering.
52. Try teaching your cat a trick -- it is possible!
53. Play in the sprinklers with your dog.
54. Bring your dog to a restaurant with a patio that allows pets and enjoy the local eats.
55. Make an ice pop for your pet -- out of tuna, carrots, and more!
56. Watch your favorite pet-centric movie together.
57. Enter a dog walking marathon.
58. Host a pet Olympics.
59. Remake your favorite movie scenes with your cat or dog as the lead.
60. Go rollerblading with your dog so you can keep up.
61. Put some finger paint on your pet’s paws, set them down on a canvas, and make some abstract art.
62. Go out to a large field and play a gigantic game of fetch with your dog.
63. Paint a portrait of your cat or dog.
64. Make your cat a tiny hammock.
65. Protect your pet from fleas
, and heartworm
-- all summer dangers.
Was this article helpful?