Images Sources : Wikimedia.org/
Dogs are a bundle of joy. They are always happy to see you, even if the last time they saw you was 5 minutes ago. They are a man’s best friend. True to the saying, dogs are the best companion a human can have as they show unconditional love to their owners. At times, you wish you could have a better relationship with your dog. You want to understand them better. Bonding with dogs is about spending time with them and showing them you love them as much as they love you. Here are 5 ways to improve your relationship with your dog
- Pay attention to what your dog likes and dislikesEvery dog has a unique personality, just like humans. Some dogs love playing fetch, some like lazing around the house, some like cuddling with their owners while others prefer their space. If you want to have a deeper connection with your dog, pay attention to its preferences. Find out kind of social situations it is comfortable with, games it enjoys, food it likes and become the source that only brings happiness to them. Your dog will begin to believe that it can trust you completely.
- Play with your dogAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! You wouldn’t want that happening to your dog, right? Set aside some time to play with your dog. It will stimulate their mind and body, strengthening the bond between you guys. It is also been observed that dogs are closer to those who play with them regularly. Go out with your dog and play a game of fetch or anything they like playing.
- Spend time with your dogSpend time with your dog every day. This means giving them your undivided attention for at least 30 minutes. A relationship will work only if you spend quality time. The same applies to your dog. Groom them, go on long walks, or just sit outside and hang out with your dog. It may not seem like much to you, but to them, it means the world.
- Train your dogDogs with their almost limitless energy love having things to do. Train with them every day and provide positive feedback when they finish a task. Dogs learn from you even when you aren’t trying to teach them anything. Make the most out of this by making a conscious effort. A trained dog will have more freedom. If they are obedient, they have more time off the leash, if they don’t steal food from the table, they are welcome to stay nearby when the family is eating.
- Keep it coolDogs can understand body language and they can pick up your feelings. When you get angry and start yelling, even when it isn’t directed towards them can make them feel uneasy. Stay calm so that your dog can count on you.
Giving importance to the relationship between you and your dog is a healthy aspect. Your dog will be healthier as it will be happy all the time. We love keeping dogs around because they become a part of your family. Even if you have a wonderful relationship, working to improve it the life of your dog and yours subsequently.