Image Source: Pixabay.com/
We all know how meticulous cats are when it comes to keeping themselves clean. You can frequently see them clean every corner of their body, right from the tip of their tail till their paws and whiskers. They are such sticklers for cleanliness that we don’t have to spend a lot on grooming products for cats. However, there is one place that not even the most flexible cat can reach and clean, and that’s their teeth. Ever since cats have been domesticated, they lost the chance to keep their teeth clean by chewing on grass and bones. So how do you keep their teeth clean? Here are 5 tips that will help you in keeping the teeth of your cats sparkly.Keeping the teeth clean
- Clean their teeth on a regular basisIt might be hard to brush the teeth of your cat initially, but as they get accustomed to the routine, it will become easier to clean all the teeth of your cat. Use a toothbrush for cats or a gauze or a finger cot to reach and remove the dirt stuck in the teeth. If you can’t use cat toothpaste, use a tuna water dip instead.
- Give treats that aid in clean teethThere are many products available in the market that are specifically made to clean the teeth of cats by controlling the growth of plaque and tartar. However, don’t consider replacing regular brushing with treats.
- Stimulate the gumMassage the gums of your cat regardless of how clean you keep the mouth and teeth of the cat. Stimulating the gums regularly will strengthen the gums, preventing your kitty from getting gum problems frequently. Also, if there is inflammation or irritation, a massage can accelerate the healing process.
- Maintain a healthy diet for the teethAll the efforts you put into brushing the teeth of your cat will be pointless if you don’t feed them the right kind of food for healthy and clean teeth. For your feline friends, use a combination of wet and dry foods and different varieties of meat. You can also give them bones that are over cooked to remove tartar. Remember, variety is the spice of life.
- Use dental productsThere are a variety of dental products that are available in your local pet store that can keep the teeth of your kitty clean. You can use dental gel, chew toys for cats, dental wipes, drinking water additives, and dental cat food to keep the teeth as clean as possible.
By using all the above tips, it will be easy to maintain good dental health for your cats. Foul breath, tooth decay, and gum inflammation will be a thing of the past.